Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Low beam headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:31 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I do not have a picture but it should be Left side of the radiator support

Old 02-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If anyone is having problems with the low beam lights not working. Look behind the multifunction switch wiring and one of the wires may have become disconnected or frayed. Thats what happen to mine. I fixed the wire and added a zip tie to keep the wires from moving so much.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM

My son's car is having the same issue... sort of. I'm going to check all the suggestions over just to be safe. I think his problem is near the fuse box since if you tap around near the fuse box, the headlights might come on. I see there is a headlight fuse under a cover.

But when his headlights work, his speedometer quits. Yeah, it's weird. No idea on that one.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Murse
But when his headlights work, his speedometer quits. Yeah, it's weird. No idea on that one.
I'm no expert, but I can say with great confidence , that it might be a fuse issue or a short in a wire somewhere. Are you sure that you can correlate the speedometer quitting with the headlights? If not they may be two separate issues (which would probably be easier to fix and diagnose).

Old 04-27-2015, 04:59 AM

If you tilt the wheel on my car the lights come on.. Bought new switch but have not put it in yet... Strange stuff

Old 04-27-2015, 08:47 AM

I know, it's messed up but the 2 times it's happened.. the lights come on with some fiddling and the speedo quits. How those 2 are related are way beyond me. The next day when it's daylight, he DRL come on the speedo works. I'm with you on thinking something is loose in the fuse box or in that vicinity. Again, I know the upper dash was apart for some reason previously so I'm thinking something with that. We had the part around the radio out but he had not driven the car at night before that so... yeah. It's a wonder I don't drink.

Tilting the wheel and the lights come on? That sounds like a loose connection.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 AM

Ok pulled the cover off the dash and the part under the steering wheel to gain access to the wiring. Turned on the headlights, shook the biggest connector first and they blinked. Someone had the main harness connector that I guess takes care of the entire dash and steering column apart and never shut the clasp that holds it together. So far so good. That would explain the speedo quitting when the lights work if that's the case.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:45 PM

yep I have to take that bottom cover and then the top and see whats going on in there...it all happened after I changed my wheel radio buttons.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Default Highbeam out warning on dash but aren't actually out

The dash keeps telling me I have a highbeam out which causes my blinkers to blink fast. The high beams weren't out to begin with and I have replaced the bulbs so I'm not sure what's wrong. Anyone have an answer for it?

Old 09-28-2015, 11:29 AM

I replaced my blinker switch and fixed my problem,30 bucks on ebay.

Quick Reply: Low beam headlight issue