Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Little project with steering control bezels :) (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/little-project-steering-control-bezels-31560/)

03SSLE 10-16-2011 07:13 AM

That turned out lookin' pretty good, Frank. :thumbsup:

Franks 03SS 10-16-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 373388)
That turned out lookin' pretty good, Frank. :thumbsup:

Thanks man :)

KJRich 10-16-2011 08:57 AM

Agreed, that turned out well, nice custom touch.:cool::congrats:

Enzo354 10-16-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 03limitedss (Post 373385)
Yea it'll look nice then ;)
Just like u said, don't go crazy with it haha

Thanks man

Haha I totally agree as u can see from one of the pictures I posted, mine is all scratched up :p
U just gave me an idea :D
Now I want to suede that and the armrest ;) and leave the main plastic piece on top black. I someday want to sand that and get it painted gloss black.

Paint that piece and the main dash piece gloss white, and then cover the sides of that, and the passenger side of the dash that says monte carlo on it with suede. :D

red04montels 10-16-2011 12:07 PM

thanks! now i'll try again i thought i was going to the right, do you twist the screwdriver or just push it? lol

suede looks awesome, good job!

Franks 03SS 10-16-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 373395)
Agreed, that turned out well, nice custom touch.:cool::congrats:

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 373428)
Paint that piece and the main dash piece gloss white, and then cover the sides of that, and the passenger side of the dash that says monte carlo on it with suede. :D

naw i dont want anymore colors in my interior :p
im just goin to cover the sides in suede and paint the main console piece in gloss black someday ;)

hmmm the passenger side piece might look nice in suede too :)
i was thinking about it yesterday but then how would i reattach the MC emblem?
i dont want to superglue it either :p

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 373430)
thanks! now i'll try again i thought i was going to the right, do you twist the screwdriver or just push it? lol

suede looks awesome, good job!

thanks mitch, use a small flathead, insert it in vertically and twist so it can push the clip outwards :thumbsup:

Enzo354 10-16-2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by 03limitedss (Post 373434)
naw i dont want anymore colors in my interior :p
im just goin to cover the sides in suede and paint the main console piece in gloss black someday ;)

hmmm the passenger side piece might look nice in suede too :)
i was thinking about it yesterday but then how would i reattach the MC emblem?
i dont want to superglue it either :p

Nothing wrong with that, and I would suggest superglue :D

02ssLE 10-16-2011 01:00 PM

That looks amazing, man! Great work! I'm really thinking about something like this for mine. But, I think I would try to incorporate a little red in there. But, for your white Monte, the blacked out interior looks FANTASTIC!

Thumbs up, dude!

Franks 03SS 10-16-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 373441)
Nothing wrong with that, and I would suggest superglue :D

:p hmmm im guna try it on a donor piece first :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by 02ssLE (Post 373445)
That looks amazing, man! Great work! I'm really thinking about something like this for mine. But, I think I would try to incorporate a little red in there. But, for your white Monte, the blacked out interior looks FANTASTIC!

Thumbs up, dude!

thanks man :), theres more to come :D

red04montels 10-16-2011 01:52 PM

just tried again and still couldnt get it lol idk why, i turn it and nothing happens