Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

LED Tail Install Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default LED Tail Install Trouble

Just got my new LED tail lights and installed. Passenger side is working fine but the drivers side isnt turning on. Any ideas? Fuse? I can't seem to find were the tail light fuses are.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Default RE: LED Tail Install Trouble

Did you check your conections. Maybe its loose or backwards. Thats where I would start. If it were a fuse both tails would not work. If all else fails call alex at matrixracing im sure he will make it right.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:31 PM

I rechecked all the connections, I'm going to try plugging in the non working tail light to where the working one is and see if it works or not.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:11 PM

Well just got off the phone with them, looks like I got a bad one. They are shipping me a new one today. Atleast I can verify Matrix Racings customer service is excellent.

Oh and I'm so disappointed, these looked so awesome on my car. Everyone's right, the pictures of them don't do them justice.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

It's the FUSE I had the same problem, you need to test the right side on the left side and i bet it will work and if it does than its the FUSE In your Fuse box there is a fuse for each side for the parking lights.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM

I put mine in today also very easy. did you check the blacl wire went with the black wire on both the sockets. Socket would go either way.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Yea I tried everything, the one that wouldnt work I plugged into the working side and it still didnt work. I talked to IPCW's technician and he had me check all the connections and verified that it was just a bad unit. That's my luck, if it were going to happen to someone it would be me, I don't know if I've ever ordered something that worked lol.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 PM

After all the time you spent to get this deal rolling. Just goes to show No Good Deed Goes Unpunished HAHA.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Well at least we all tried to help, Their customer service is great, Because I though I had the same Problem and they were real nice to me and helped me solve my problem I had.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 PM

Now that I've seen the LED tails on my car it was painful putting the old ones back on, they look like crap.
No good deed goes unpunished! lol ain't that the truth, I'm sure it's just karma and I had it coming for something haha. The kicker is as I was carrying them back to my apt. the "good" one slipped from my grasp and put a nice 2" scratch right on the front, it's just not my week...

Quick Reply: LED Tail Install Trouble