Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

L.E.D. taillights HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Default L.E.D. taillights HELP!

I have a pair of euro L.E.D. taillights for my 2000 monte carlo. The problem is after I installed them, the signal blink really fast like they would when the bulbs are blown. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so they blink normal. Thanks

Old 04-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Default RE: L.E.D. taillights HELP!

this is due to the one thing they dont tell you when you buy those tail lights.

They are LED
LEDs use less current to power so your t-signal lights are acting as if you have a tail lamp out or a t-signal light out.

you can buy a new hazzard switch to fix this problem that has the flash rate slowed down for th eLEDS or you can do it yourself if your good with eletronics at all. there is also the choice of disabeling this feture in your curren tT-signal switch .

I wish i could help by giving you directions on how to do this but i havent had to as of yet so i havent reserched it.

I do know there is a site that can help you

here is the link for it. if you digaround on it he offers the switch you need and explains this for you also he will re do your switch for a fee and send it back to you but keep in mind then your with out t-signals completly till it gets there and you install it.

http://bbengineer.home.comcast.net/c...re.htm#Flasher

Old 04-16-2006, 11:20 PM

thanks. Do you happen to know where in the dash the t-signal swtch is located or how hard it is to reach.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: baker24

thanks. Do you happen to know where in the dash the t-signal swtch is located or how hard it is to reach.
I don't know, sorry.

Mickey, I was checking out those tails on ZZP(I believe) and not only did they say they don't fit 2004's [:@] but they did mention the fast blinking issue as well. I wonder why they don't fit the 04's and what, if any, mods can be done to make them fit. With exception of the reflector and the chrome housing, I really like those tails.