Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Infinity Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Default Infinity Speakers

I just bought and installed the Infinity REF6022I 6.5 and 6x9's. Total cost with them on sale was less than $200. Didnt need any harnesses for the door speakers. So far they dont sound to bad, but I thought they would be a lot louder than the stocks.

Is there any way to mess around with the stock amplifier in the trunk?

Old 11-25-2009, 05:24 PM

do you actually see an amp in the trunk under the rear 6x9's? if not you dont have a stock amp! im pretty sure you dont have an amp, and would need to get one if you want your speakers to really shine

Old 11-26-2009, 10:42 PM

Yeah, aftermarket speakers will be quieter with an otherwise stock system because they're less efficient, so they need more power to reach the same volume. You'll need an aftermarket amp to make them louder.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 AM

How was the fitment of the door speakers? Did they screw right in? Crutchfield says the Infinity REF6022I 6.5's won't fit the doors.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Talking speakers

yup i will be replacing all my stock speakers with inf. or mtx speakers and putting in 2 12 inch kickers in the back becuase the stock system in the montes are trash(i'm a little deph) so i need it to be loud! also pioneer touch screen for a head unit. p.s. is it a hassel to remove the dash and carpet on montes becuase i am doing this myself and any little tips would be nice

Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 AM

Nah, they are pretty easy to remove. Just take your time while removing the dash faceplate trim 'cause the sun cooked them up and they are easy to break/crack. The back seat is what's probably will give you the most problems.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 PM

I do have a stock amp in there, and there really isnt much differece in the sound. The bass levels are more than stock, but the treble and mid are pretty much the same to the stock speakers.

Dbl_D718- Your right, I think I will look into getting an aftermarket Amp. Any suggestions?

spitdogger- The speakers fit in the door, Crutchfield lies.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:26 PM

What do you want out of the Amp, and how much would you like to spend? Do you care about quality, a booming system or you just want anything that plays your tunes?

If you just want any amp, class A/B amps make some good amps that won't break the pocket. They aren't supper efficient current wise, can get supper hot if in cramp spaces, and can be noisy. Their quality isn't the greatest but they will do the job.

If you want quality, D class amps is the way to go. They are more expensive than the A/b or A class amps, but tend to be smaller, efficient up to 80+%, stay cool, and less noise.

Are you going to be adding subs?

"The speakers fit in the door, Crutchfield lies." LOL, it depends on the speaker manufacturer. Some say 5.25 and their speakers could be 5.50.

Last edited by Wilco; 12-12-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

save yourselves some coin and look on ebay after you do your research for the speakers you want. I was originally gonna buy the reference series, but after i did my homework found them from a verified store on ebay and got 6.5 kappa 3 WAY speakers for $95 bucks shipped. showed up to my door brand new in sealed box. just find out your model number you want and what will fit.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:12 PM

The amp he picks is not going to effect whether or not his system sounds booming, etc. He's already chosen the speakers, so he just needs an amp providing proper power.

Also, class D does not imply higher qualiy. You don't need a class D amp for components and 6x9s. Class A/B amps are not as efficient and do run hotter, but they're better for components because they introduce less distortion into the signal. At this power level, the electrical efficiency isn't really a factor in terms of his charging system and as long as it's not in an enclosed space (amp rack or something) there shouldn't be a heat problem. For subs, class D is better because subs need so much more power so the efficiency becomes important and the distortion is inaudible at the lower frequencies. For this situation, class A/B is the better choice.

Quick Reply: Infinity Speakers