Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

i have no luck...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default i have no luck...

ok so i bought a kenwood head unit and a metra gmos-04 harness for the car and i put it in and the radio works when the car is below 1000 rpms but when i put it in drive and actually accelerate the damn speakers shut off? could a ground do that? the head unit itself doesnt shut off there is just no sound,randomly it will come back on for a second or so...i dont get it...any ideas?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Default RE: i have no luck...

well just went out and noticed sumtin...it is no longer doing the rpm thing, now it is whenever the door chimes activate the sound comes on...but when turned up to full volume it is horrible quality, whats next whenever i turn on my blinker it will change to a different radio station? god im so pissed

Old 03-31-2008, 07:39 PM

holy god none of that makes sense. its like your wiring harness is totally crossed or your radio is accepting the electrical interference and considering it some sort of remote interface? honestly i have no clue. are you sure its all hooked up properly and to wires are touching?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:57 PM

i shouldnt...any wires that i had to connect that werent plug ins i sodered together and covered with electrical tape...i have no idea what i could b doing to get that to happen...i even closed the door almost all the way but so i could just pull it all the way and when i let it go the chimes came on and the music came on but when i pulled shut the chimes went off and so did the music...im so confused, by no means am i a wiring genious but this is ridiculous

Old 03-31-2008, 08:16 PM

btw i wired 3 wires together...the 12v constant, the ignition, and the ground...thats it and the only change i made between the first 2 posts was that i cut the brown looped onstar wire on the wiring harness like it says to do in the instructions

Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 PM

no kidding, none of this makes ANY sense of all. im sorry man i cant help you because this is some stuff that seems impossible to be happening

Old 03-31-2008, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: kweef

btw i wired 3 wires together...the 12v constant, the ignition, and the ground...thats it.
yeah that would definatly cause a problem

Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM

lol chris i meant that those r the only three wires i had to hook up...i didnt wire them 2gether lol i guess i read that now and it sounds like it my bad...just had to wire them to the three wires coming off the harness

Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 PM

then trace those 3 wires back and see if theres a break or a touch or anything.

anyway i can get some pics of whatyou've done

Old 04-01-2008, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

anyway i can get some pics of whatyou've done

a picture would help me too.... follow the 3 wires back as far as you can and check for lose connections, power jumping, anything. also there's a chance that the 3 wires together might be causing the problem. try to pull them apart, hooking them up separate and trying it again. where did you get the adaptor from?

Quick Reply: i have no luck...