Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID's are on the way UPDATE THEY ARE IN

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default HID's are on the way UPDATE THEY ARE IN

I just got done ordering the Hid kit from ZZp i cant wait till they get here to install them.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
Default RE: HID's are on the way

Will these work OK with the DRL's, or do you have a DRL delete kit installed?
I'm DEFINATELY interested in how well your headlight conversion turns out. Make sure you post some pics when done. A detailed install would GREAT! Here is the link:
https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...&catid=101

In general, I've been pretty hapy with ZZP. They got me a little PO'd right now tho. They sold me, and I paid for, over the phone, a new Meziere billett flex plate and race torque convertor, both in stock and to ship the same day. Well, NEITHER was in stock. Two weeks later, I'm still waiting on the convertor, and gave up on the flex plate per advice from the experts. They are SUPPOSED to ship Monday. This is the 1st problem I've had with them. They got SLACK! Pretty much everything they sell is quality, and MOST things, they make in house. Not sure about this. Do you know?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 AM

I dont have a DRL delete kit. i dont think it will matter but maybe it will. At least i hope it does not matter.

I will be sure to take plenty of pics of installing them and the finished product.

This is the first time i have done business with ZZp. but i have a friend up the street with a GTP that has bought everything from ZZp and has nothing bad to say about them and is really happy with everything he has gotten from them in the past.

P.S.
the only reason i bought them is because my passenger side light went out so i figured there is no time like the pressent to upgrade to something that is better.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM

Let me know how it turns out
Im thinking about getting them

Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 AM

What is the DRL? how does it effect your head lights? i put an HID Ballast system in my old car and its not hard at all. its a bunch of plugging stuff in and mounting then cleaning up the wires. are your HID's high and low beam or just high? and did you get 4000k or higher?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:08 PM

I only went with the low beam for right now because i dont do much highway driving at night so i would not really need the high beam.

the lights are 6000K

DRL stand for Daytime Running lights i believe
i dont think that they should cause anyproblems with the HID's.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:20 PM

They are in and they are bright.

I put them in tonight after school took about an hour to do both sides.

I ended up mounting the ballast on the metal "bumper" that is underneth the plastic cover between the grill slits and the hood latch.

One tip is to when you take out your old bulbs take the o-ring off of them and use it on the HID bulbs because the o-ring that comes on the HID's is to big and prevents the bulb from locking in place but if you switch the o-ring it fits perfect.

Also they seem to work fine with DRL's but i really haven't been able to drive it around because of the snow we just got 8" in one night so i only drove it sround the block one time so far.

this is the only pic i have of right now because as you can see it is snowing out

Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Default RE: HID's are on the way UPDATE THEY ARE IN

Those look awesome!!! But I have an 06 Monte and DRL's run off the low beams instread of the high beams like on the05 &underMonte's. That means unless I can figure out a way to disable my DRL's I can't have any!!! Anybody know how to disable the DRL's on an 06 Monte? Has anybody put HID headlights on an 06??

Old 02-04-2008, 07:17 AM

They look pretty badass, I'm going to update to HID's soon.They look like the have quite a bit of blue tint to them, how does it look on the road? Plus how did you like all that snow?Do you live off ofAirport by the way?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Are you going to replace your foglights with something?

Quick Reply: HID's are on the way UPDATE THEY ARE IN