Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID's Good Price.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Default RE: HID's Good Price.

ORIGINAL: 2000LS

i like ge nighthawks sylvania xtravision and phillips hi visibility bulbs better myself and theyre cheaper
i certainly agree

Old 01-09-2007, 05:08 PM

ok now you have me wondering.
what bulbs do others have?
My car ships next Tue. so i will have plenty of time to look in to them for the trip home after i get back there.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000LS

wiz i think most HIDs are 35w so it doesnt make sense why ppl would be burning up harnesses
HID do draw 35w once they are lit, but require ALOT more power to turn them on... this inrush of currect burns up the harnesses if you power the HIDs right from the factory harness

BBEngineer

Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 PM

man yall go tme in to trubbel now LOL
wife happen to be reading over my shoulder and read this. she already told me that i cant go to a parts store with out her and she has to carry the cash.
Go Figure.
she is worried becuse i have been away from a "real selection" of parts for so long i will make us go bankrupt LOL
already have a shopping list going here lol
head lights
fog lights
hig beams
also still looking to find a good price on somthing like the python hoses or for those who dont knwo the copper hose kits for our cars. i would still love to get this done for my car. I then dont have to worry about blowing a hose anytime soon.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:57 PM

mickey - ive got phillips hi-vis low beams and xtravision high beams, phillips claims thier lights are 30% brighter than std, and the only reason i dont have them in the highs is because i cant find em.

all those bulbs i listed are basicly just the name brand lights with higher than standard output, and no tint

i think theres alot of bulbs out there with blue tint and higher output. i feel like i can see better with clear lights that look a shade yellow, than with ones with even a light blue tint even if the light output looks white, and not blueish at all.

and what is this copper hose kit? hard lines, or is it like stainless braided, but copper?

Old 01-12-2007, 09:04 AM

her eis a link to jsu tone of the companies that do them
http://www.coolflex.com/cfm/store.cf...its&type=1

the thing that is nice is the are show quality and also nice ot knwo they will actually lower the op. temp of the cars ome due to the heat exchange rate of copper over rubber. and they dont go back eaily. jus thave to worry about the rubber end on them going out an dit will last jsut as long as your hose you have now. and if it were to fail you cna get a hose for 5.00 and cut it to the right size if you needed to in a pinch.
or do like the guy here did he bought a extra set of ends for all of his and jsu tthrew them in the trunk in his tool kit.

as far as the ligths go i would liek to have the brite whit for the head lights but also would liek to have the amber or yellow color for the Fogs or if nothign else do a tint job on the lenses for them so they are not white and cause a contrast. you will also knwo when they are on this way.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:42 AM

Well the kit arrived this afternoon, shipping was faster than I expected. The kit was together just as described with everything I needed to complete the install. Install went quick enough, longest part was mounting the brackets. Lights were fantastic, MUCH brighter than stock, no problems with the kit what so ever. Also, I didn't adjust the lights, just decided to run them as they were, and had absolutely no problem. Nobody seemed to mind them, and nobody flashed me. A few friends and family saw them, and may buy a few kits for their respective cars. Needless to say I was very happy with my purchase and thus far I have had no problem with the wiring harness, but then again it's only day 1. If anything occurs I'll be sure to post. Once the photos are transferred I'll put them on the forum.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:40 AM

I only got to upload one file. I will try to upload the rest on my profile. Hope this pic gives you an idea of the difference.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 AM

Does anyone know where we can get heavy duty wiring harnesses for our MC's? I ran my HID's all day with no trouble, but I do want to be prepared if something does happen.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:52 AM

i havent heard of a harness for this.
But you could make one jsut get the heaveier wires and then you shoudl be abel to reuse the plugs unless they do a total melt down for ya.

Good luck let us know how it is going wiht them

Quick Reply: HID's Good Price.