Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID fogs

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Default HID fogs

is anyone running HIDs in stock foglight housing on an 6th gen monte? i am looking into putting them in and am just wondering if i would have any problems with melting anything, or things not fitting well...i dont have a problem buying aftermarket fogs, i honestly dont really like the stock ones....and do i REALLY need one of those relay harnesses?

i would really like to put projectors in the stock housings, but i most likelywill never do it

also, does anyone know of a way to make the foglights come on with the auto on headlights? im sick of pushing the lil button everytime

thanks guys

Old 12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Default RE: HID fogs

i put them in my 06 and there hasnt been any melting. they are 8000k and have had about 3 hours of use and still good to go. would i recomend it yes would i do all the headlights to hid yes. it give you a more professional look.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I changed my fog lights, No Problems with them ever. One Idea I have to have your fog lights come on with the auto headlights would be to connect your fog lights to the headlights by splicing the cables and hard wiring it, one idea, I don't know how to do it where the headlight switches are.

Click on the link below for my fog light install I did

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/5

Old 12-08-2008, 09:21 PM

yeah iused to have all hid lights but a ballast blew, then i bought the projectors lights, and had to return thosedue to defect and i dunno what im going to do with them now. i have till spring to decide. i have a wiring diagram that im working on figureing out how to get rid of the daytime running lights, but keep the lights coming on when its dark. igotta find the hot wire inside the car so i dont have to run through the fire wall.i did find out that when you turn your brights on your fog lights shut off, its something new on gms. when i get it done i will scan and post it for all. as it will benefit life of the hid lights.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 PM

i am DEFIATLEY for sure going to all hids lows/highs/fogs, and i want projectors for fogs and headlights....but i would have to custom fab them i think, and i have no experience with that

thanks for the input guys, but i have an 04...so i dont know if everything would work the same as the 06+ models

as far as the daytime lights go, i know there is a harness you can buy that disables them oryou can bend a pin on a relay in the underhood fuse box....i wish it was as easy as it was on my grand prix...just unplug a connection on the dash and done lol

Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 PM

oh, i forgot

insanity...I WANT YOUR CAR!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 PM

CUSTOM FAB, YES YOU CAN!

It's called projector headlight retrofit

google that and go on you tube to look up projector headlight retrofit. I was thinking about trying to make a set one day for the previous monte gen, it can be done, also you can buy the halo rings for like 20 dollars on ebay and wire them to your parking lights as well. They do sell just the projector part so you can keep your headlight and make them out of your existing set . But if you want you can get another set of headlights to customize.

You will need a projector headlight part

you will need to find out which light bulb fits your projector and order the hid kit in that size like h3 for example choose a color temp like i did 1200k for example

then try getting our fog lights 06-07 they have been on ebay for like 50 bucks i think

get the hid kit and bulb that fits the fog light projector housing.

google halo rings and buy those in the size you want that will fit over the projector headlight and wire them to the parking light.

there are videos on youtube and posts on other forums that have made these headlights, totally can be done. when you start this project I will try to help you as much as I can on finding parts and a little bit of wiring, do some research. I havn't done it but I know if I had all the supplies and watch the videos and read with pictures of how people have made their own projectors I could do it and so can you.

People have succeeded in this project

Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 PM

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qExaAFgvquE

Parts

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/i...74f7f8e1a5156a

An example of a HOW TO INSTALL

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-faq-app...headlight.html

These links will gain you alot more knowledge

You can do it all night long.............

Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 PM

good links there mavrick

blown04ss: tis for sale

Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 AM

Halo Lightning $99.
[:-]click on link [:-]
Post what U think of them ?
[:-]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID fogs