Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID FOG LIGHTS QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default HID FOG LIGHTS QUESTION

Hello, I did my low beams in HID, For Fog Lights do I just need to specify the bulb type/size and when I recieve them they will fit a 2006 monte carlo. Anybody who has done their fog lights for 2006 and up please let me know how you found the correct bulb to fit. I ordered mine off ebay and looking to do the fog lights anybody with any help on this would be appreciated, thank you all.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Default RE: HID FOG LIGHTS QUESTION

Do you have Factory Fog Lights installed? If you do changing the Bulbs is not a problem. If you don't you have to wire the whole system in place off the wiring harness because Fof Lights are controlled by the Bodywork Control Module. That would mean going and having the BCM Flashed for Fog Lights.

My 04 came through without Fog Lights. I installed a set of Factory Fog Lights and wired them off the wiring harness in a separate wiring scheme to give me complete control over the Fof Lights without being dependent of the BCM. It took a lot of wire and two relays to make them work off the high or low beams as I prefer.

I can help you decide what to do; but first we need to know if you are pre-wired or not!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 PM

I HAVE STOCK FOG LIGHTS SO I CAN JUST ORDER THE SAME HID KIT THAT WILL COME WITH THE MODULES AND ALL I GOT TO DO IS SPECIFY THE 8000K AND THE BULB SIZE CORRECT? THEN JUST PUT THEM IN AND HOOK THEM THROUGH MY HARNESS. I HAVE DONE MY LOW BEAMS SO IT'S SIMILAR INSTALL CORRECT?

Old 03-23-2008, 06:11 PM

where did u get your factory fog lights from?

Old 03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I haven't heard of too many 2000+ Monte owners installing HID's.
I remember when I was on the grand am forums, practically everyone and their brother installed HID headlights.

People there were spending minimum of 2 grand converting their headlights because the HID's didn't fit the factory original assembly properly. Many first timers ended up melting their headlight assemblies from the heat. Because the factory assemblies were not designed to handle that much heat.

Just out of curiosity sake, how did you get HID's to work in your 06 Monte? Is there a transformer type thing for each bulb that you had to wire up? Please explain. I'm sure there's others that may consider HID's for their Montes.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz
Just out of curiosity sake, how did you get HID's to work in your 06 Monte? Is there a transformer type thing for each bulb that you had to wire up? Please explain. I'm sure there's others that may consider HID's for their Montes.
X2, I would like to know how it worked out for you and what all needed to be done. I would like some HIDs for my highs to start, then I'll do lows and fogs later.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: NIEL305

where did u get your factory fog lights from?
Umm...the factory?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 AM

im going to order me some hids to but still undecided,im doing lows and fog,the only place i see is zzp for lows or wbody for lows and fogs.any suggestios if there is a better place or are those good companys to go through

Old 03-24-2008, 12:30 PM

my fog lights are stock they were on my car when i purchased it.

HID'S ARE SIMPLE TO DO, I WENT ON EBAY PURCHASED THEM FROM SELLER HIDWORLD
THE ORDER WAS FAST AND THE SHIPPING WAS FAST AS WELL. MY HID'S COST ONLY $100.00 AND I INSTALLED THEM MYSELF. I ASKED A BUDDY AT WORK HOW TO DO IT AND IT'S SELF EXPLANATORY.

YOU NEED TWO HID LIGHTS AND TWO BALLASTS ONE THAT CONTROLS EACH LIGHT. THESE KITS ARE INEXPENSIVE NOW.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ORDER THE BULB TYPE FOR EX. MINE ARE H11 SO I ORDERED H11 TEMP TYPE 12000K
MY LIGHTS ARE NOT SO BLUE THEY HAVE A HINT OF PURPLE AND THEY ARE CLOSE TO THE LEXUS AND MERCEDES LOOK.

YOU PLACE ONE BALLAST CLOSE TO EACH HEADLIGHT HOUSING PLUG IN TO YOUR LIGHT AND CLOSE THE CIRCUIT BY PUTTING THE OTHER WIRE THROUGH TO THE BALLASTS. These conversion kits are plug and play. Only Takes a half an hour to do.

PLEASE GO TO YOUTUBE AND TYPE IN HID INSTALL
THERE ARE VIDEO'S THAT SHOW HOW TO DO THIS.

HIDWORLD ON EBAY IS THE BEST SELLER 100% FEEDBACK
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

THE FOG LIGHTS I AM RESEARCHING STILL AND I MIGHT GO WITH BLING LIGHTS LED 9000K TEMP FOG LIGHT KIT. DON'T KNOW, I NEED TO TAKE A FOG LIGHT OUT AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO INSTALL A NEW ONE. THE HARD THING IS TRYING TO FIND A 12000K FOG LIGHT KIT FOR MY CAR. WHEN I MAKE A DECISION AND GET THE FOG LIGHTS DONE I WILL LET EVERYBODY KNOW HERE.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:50 AM

thats odd 12,000k,they should be really blue at that kevlon