Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Hey, need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Default Hey, need some help please

I'm installing a system in my 96' monte carlo and was wondering if u could give me some info i cant find any online. What are the stock speaker sizes? i bought some 5 1/4 for the front hoping those are the right size, i guessed just by how my stock ones sounded. and im sure theyre 6x9's in the back, correct? this is my head unit im installing:

i have 2 12's and a 1000 watt amp coming in the mail which should be here on monday. i have the headunit mount kid, amp install kit, all i need now is new 6x9's. my 5 1/4 that i got are pioneers. well my question is, do u have any install guides on removing the stock headunit and putting in my new one? i cant find anything anywhere. im new on this board and i really dont wanna search thru hundreds of posts looking for this, i know it sounds lazy but could u please help i'd appreciate it. im installing everything tomorrow, and doing the subs and amp when they get here. thx

Old 11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Hey, need some help please

a quick way of findin your speaker sizes is to go to circuitcity.com and do the "see what fits my vehicle" thing. it'll only show you speakers that fit, and that'll be the speaker size. as for removing the head unit, you're gonna have to remove the dash panel and disconnect it of course. that'll take about an hour if you're not a pro, maybe longer...have fun with that. as for the 6x9's, more than likely, you'll blow those with that much pushin from your 12's, so be ready to buy more. hope you didn't pay more than 200 for that amp either...i found a 1200 watt power acoustik for under 250. but i stuck to my 500 watt one. it's pushing 2 12's that can only handle 300 watts, but oh how they pound. (the secret is to get a better box). have fun with that installation. a basic guide should have come with the hu install kit.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:39 PM

i get stereo equipment wholesale. so my 1000 watt amp only cost me 70 dollars nice eh? and im not using the amp to push anything except the subs, ill use my head unit to push my 6x9's and door speakers. what kind of box do you have for your 12's? i have ****ty subs, theyre Pyle blue series. everyone hates on me for having them but i think they hit hard as hell. the guy i bought them from let me listen to some before i purchased them.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: FreshShapeup

I'm installing a system in my 96' monte carlo and was wondering if u could give me some info i cant find any online. What are the stock speaker sizes? i bought some 5 1/4 for the front hoping those are the right size, i guessed just by how my stock ones sounded. and im sure theyre 6x9's in the back, correct? this is my head unit im installing:

i have 2 12's and a 1000 watt amp coming in the mail which should be here on monday. i have the headunit mount kid, amp install kit, all i need now is new 6x9's. my 5 1/4 that i got are pioneers. well my question is, do u have any install guides on removing the stock headunit and putting in my new one? i cant find anything anywhere. im new on this board and i really dont wanna search thru hundreds of posts looking for this, i know it sounds lazy but could u please help i'd appreciate it. im installing everything tomorrow, and doing the subs and amp when they get here. thx
http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/...arlo95_99P.htm

fronts are 5.25, rears are 6x9's

Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 PM

i need some help my check engine light is one i tried checking the oil gas cap changed the gas radiator i dont hear any knocking and sign of problems what can i do it is an 02 monte carlo super sport.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:23 AM

You can take it to Autozone and have the code read. That'll tell you what's wrong with it.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: sjplaya33

i need some help my check engine light is one i tried checking the oil gas cap changed the gas radiator i dont hear any knocking and sign of problems what can i do it is an 02 monte carlo super sport.

You could goto walmart and drop 50 - 100 on a code reader that will work on any car 1996 on up.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

ORIGINAL: sjplaya33

You could goto walmart and drop 50 - 100 on a code reader that will work on any car 1996 on up.
I paid $98 For the same one Advance wanted $169 for.I love mine, but like Bigg J said Auto Zone FREE! Heres a link to the one I have:
http://www.nextag.com/innova-3100-co...er/search-html

Old 12-15-2006, 09:07 AM

I love mine too. Helps with the darn O2 sensor going off with the hi flow cat I have. I use it for alot of other vehicles too and when I picked up my truck I was able to plug in and check out some specs. Helped me drop the price $200.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:14 AM

yeah i have the interceptor gauge... its an obd2 scaner and reads gauges! in addition to that i have the DHP power tuner... it not only does full data loging of all the computer sensors thru the OBD port, it lets me reprogram the computer! very usefull when having many custom mods.

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN2110/MCGAU/...an+Gauges.html

Quick Reply: Hey, need some help please