Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Default Headlights?

Hey guys does anyone know how good Piaa superwhites are? they are kinda of exspensive but i know sylvania has somedoes anybpody know if they have that bluish tint on them and really how good are thay?

Old 12-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Headlights?

wow, that spelling is bad, lol, they dont have a bluish tinge to them, to me they're not worth the 100 bucks, i'd rather just go with nighthawks or silverstars, i saw a set that the guy had piaa's and they didn't seem too bright to me, not worth 100 bucks anyway

Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 PM

I agree. They're overpriced. I am about to change mine out to silverstars like wiz mentioned.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:42 AM

i've played with different bulbs some and have decided not to buy another bulb with blueish tint. blue-er light even if it seems whiter or brighter than stock, just gives you poor contrast. and isnt any tint any color going to reduce the light output?

right now i'm running some phillips hi-visibility bulbs that claim to be 30% brighter, seem to live up to that, and were just $13 a pop

personally i think "osram" silverstars (from europe) are the best lights u can get. i put those in my sportbike. problem is the limited applications they come in, but if you drive anything they fit, theyre great.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:31 AM

whered you get the phillips at and do you have a pic?

Old 12-09-2006, 06:57 PM

the silver stars are the best, from wha ti have heard.

I was looking for and still am one with a amber or yellow tint ont hem for the fog lights that a re briter then the stock bulbs. So the will contrast ont eh rad some so you cna see it better.

Also for the head lights and the high beams you cna ge tthe lights on Ebay cheap. but you have to watch the shipping on them they might cost you .99 but the shipping will be 30.00 on some of them so becarefule.

Also i for get the stock watage but anything over it will help or appear to help . But remeber the diffrent colored ones also filter diffrent shades of light you see. jsut like a carmer lens will.
So becarfue what colors you chose on them

Red will filter out tail lights in teh distance makeing it a shorter distance for reaction time.

the yellow is a contrats to most things on the road and just enough color to make the orad stand out more with out being a color that could hurt you from seeing the tail or headlight sof other traffic.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:59 PM

the silver stars are the best, from wha ti have heard.

I was looking for and still am one with a amber or yellow tint ont hem for the fog lights that a re briter then the stock bulbs. So the will contrast ont eh rad some so you cna see it better.

Also for the head lights and the high beams you cna ge tthe lights on Ebay cheap. but you have to watch the shipping on them they might cost you .99 but the shipping will be 30.00 on some of them so becarefule.

Also i for get the stock watage but anything over it will help or appear to help . But remeber the diffrent colored ones also filter diffrent shades of light you see. jsut like a carmer lens will.
So becarfue what colors you chose on them

Red will filter out tail lights in teh distance makeing it a shorter distance for reaction time.

the yellow is a contrats to most things on the road and just enough color to make the orad stand out more with out being a color that could hurt you from seeing the tail or headlight sof other traffic.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:40 PM

got the phillips in an autozone, no pic, and i've only found them in the 9006 lowbeam

Old 12-12-2006, 01:09 AM

Want kick *** headlights? Dont mess around with anymore halogen, xenon, krypton etc BS bulbs, go HID. If you want a headlight with true color, while still being twice as bright as anyother bulb, take the hit on the expensive cost, and really stand out with an HID conversion. I have an 8000K kit on mine, and will never go back to regular bulbs. Ive tried them all.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:18 AM

u mod yer headlights to put projectors in?

Quick Reply: Headlights?