Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 AM
Default gauges?

Im looking for some gauges that will just take place of the stock, I want gauges that will give the inside of my car a little look to it. Ive seen some gauges i really like but Monte Carlos arent that great for many items. Cannot find projection headlights any where or gauges that will light up the interior. If any knows of any indiglo gauges or anything like that, that will fit an 01 monte ss please leave a comment

Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Default RE: gauges?

www.speedhut.com They have a good choice of gauges

Old 03-17-2007, 02:39 AM

yeh i knoow i seen those gauges but i dunno about them. Does any1 know how good euro reversed gauges are? I see them online from anywhere between 50-100$$

Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 PM

i have to say i love the speed huts i have as far as the others i havent seen them or know anything about them
I do know mine light up in indigo blue and green adn look great at night. and in the days liek they look great.
and you can also change the briteness of them.
I have seen soem that you could not do this and it really sux knowing your going to be blind when you get out of your car at night till ya can adjust again

Old 03-18-2007, 03:52 AM

R they easy to install and do you have any pics micky im very interested

Old 03-18-2007, 07:21 PM

yeah it took me like a hour for the first set and less for thsoe i have done for others since.
basically you take your dash apart and take out the guage pod there is like 4 screws in there to get it out.
then you pop the front clear plastic off the pod.
take soem photos so you know exactly where to put the needels again
then you verry carefuly take the needels off (TAKE YOUR TIME HERE)
then you use the stick tape included in teh kit. and put it on there and set teh overlays in the right place so everythign looks right and lines up correctly.
Then ya stick the needels back on there and run the wires out of the pod.
stick the plastic cover back on to it.
reinstall teh assembly
then run teh wires where ya need to to make then stay out of the way. and plug everythign in .
then wire them to a switch or to the head light switch etc....
I have mine wired to teh head light switch like they said to do it. and it wrks great so far.
Make sure you get a real good ground to them

then clean the plastic lens on the pod and hid all your wires and the controller some place. I have mine in the fuse pannel on teh side of one of the relys or the rely covers in there.
So tha tit was easy to get to and still easy to hide.

wait till midnight for the out side light to dim enogh for you to see the lights real good. so that you can adjust your lighting on there so they dont blind ya.
if you chose the upgraded version of the controiller then ya need to pick green or blue. (mine are blue)
adjust it all reassembel anythign ya need to and enjoy for life of the car or the guage over lay .

not tuff at all think the hardest part was to run the wires out of the pod so they wernt crimped. but if ya look in th ebottom of the pod qwhen you get it out there are two holes just clip threw the pod with some side cutters there and cut the hole in to a "U" shape instead of the circel. and run your wires threw it. then under the pod to teh dash switch for your normal lights.
for get the color wire ya need to tap but think it was Brown. and then i wen tback and taped all my wires in to a loom like deal to keep them togeather and out of the way and then i used some hot glue to put them to the pod before the plug so that i can get them back out later if needed.

IHKAT (think that is right) But monte Jazz has some photos of this whole thing i sent to him at one tiem he was goign to do a write up for it . Not sure if he did or not i was off line there for a while and didnt do any serching for it.

also your regular dash lights will be lit in there but they will help lighht your neededls on teh guages so dont worry about them they will do fine.
you can look in my photo album for some shots of the inside of my car i know there is one of the guage pods sthere.

if not go to car domain and do a serch for Mickey's monte there.