Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Foglight Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Foglight Harness?

Okay, i posted this once somewhere else, but didnt think people would see it as much there so im posting it here again. i pulled my dash off today, and looked for the harness to plug into the back of the switch for the foglights and it wasnt there, i did see one under the steering wheel but it was a two prong, does anyone know where the one for the foglights may be? thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member

bump, anyone know?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 AM

I believe the fog lights are controlled by the BCM. In which when a Monte with fog lights equipped from the factory the button sent a signal to the bcm in which sent a signal to the fogs. So regardless of you finding the harness I am not sure how well this project is going to go for you.

I also don't think the fog light harness was installed in the LS. I believe from memory the only part of the harness that was installed was the outside wiring ,and I don't remember or not, I don't think it was complete either.

Don't quote me on any of this. But if I recall I believe I am correct.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 AM

But I also don't know how you plan on wiring and I assume your trying to use a factory switch as well?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member

yeah i would like to use the factory switch as i already have it, i wonder if there is a harness with the the 4-prong and then i can just branch it to the power wire for fogs, it shouldnt be too hard i dont think. but ill wait for a little more responses before i start ordering more lol

Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 AM

i know the 6th and the 7th gen are a little different on the electrical. the only thing i would sugest is going to genuingmparts.com. on giving you a hand there tech line will help you out on the wires and dont have to put in an after market system. when you get the wires that you need from them you might need to get the bcm programed for the for fog lights. but i didnt need to do that when i got a new harnes from them when i put in the harness for the fog lights.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
i know the 6th and the 7th gen are a little different on the electrical. the only thing i would sugest is going to genuingmparts.com. on giving you a hand there tech line will help you out on the wires and dont have to put in an after market system. when you get the wires that you need from them you might need to get the bcm programed for the for fog lights. but i didnt need to do that when i got a new harnes from them when i put in the harness for the fog lights.
thanks, but i cant seem to find them, also how hard is it to get it connected to the bcm

Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM

the harness hooks up normally to where it hooks up to the bcm i think hooks up to the relay slash fuse box under the hood. also in the fuse box in the car the bcm is also hooked up to that as well it is kind of hard to explane how the bcm is hooked up to the head lights and fog lights. what i was trying to say you may or may not have to get the bcm programed for the fog lights. because it might reconise it when you get every thing hooked right up when doing normal electrical work as in disconect battery. i asked a tech saturday about the fog lights on my car when i hooked them up did i have to get it programed he said no as long as if the battery was disconected it will identify them unless there is some thing wrong with the bcm

Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member

okay, i think im just going to utilize the foglight switch as a rocker and just do aftermarket wiring for the fogs

Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Good luck on the use of the factory switch. Post pictures as I am interested. I remember looking at the switch and for some reason I remember not being able to use it. But hey things could've changed...

Quick Reply: Foglight Harness?