Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Factory Amplifier Replacement???

Old 12-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Default Factory Amplifier Replacement???

I just got a new to me 2001 SS, it was my moms car she bought brand new. A couple years ago the sound went out.

It was miss-diagnosed as a faulty head unit. At that time the STEALership wanted 1200 to replace... Keep in mind the radio appeared to be functioning, sound control, station control, CD player functions all seemed to be operating as always....just no sound!

Fast forward to 2weeks ago we bought a reman'd head unit from eBay with an iPod jack installed. Part of the auction stated dealership programming required. Took it to Palm Cheverolet for installation and programming.

Got a call from Palm stating that neither head unit was the problem....that the car needed a new amp... $600 installed. We said no thanks please install the new head unit(iPod compatible) new radio seems to function exactly like previous---volume, station, CD player all appear to be functioning...just no sound.

So I have a couple questions...I'm looking at buying a new Ac delco amp # 10309547...$255 shipped

1st-- does the new amp require dealership programming?

2nd-- where exactly is the amp located? I'm assuming it's in the trunk under the rear package tray...just got the car yesterday. Haven't had time to investigate.

3rd-- is $255 a good price for a new one? Seems to be cheapest on eBay...

Thanks for your time.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have one I will sell you for $50 and you pay shipping, and will include a head unit if you want it. I am located in Canada but it still has to be cheaper than any of those prices, if you use your factory head you shouldn't need to re program it either

The amp is located in the trunk up almost in between the two rear speakers, it is silver with cooling fins

Just pm me if you are interested and we can work everything out

Old 12-02-2015, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by ohara
I have one I will sell you for $50 and you pay shipping, and will include a head unit if you want it. I am located in Canada but it still has to be cheaper than any of those prices, if you use your factory head you shouldn't need to re program it either

The amp is located in the trunk up almost in between the two rear speakers, it is silver with cooling fins

Just pm me if you are interested and we can work everything out
Is it out of an '01? I've read that only '00 & '01 are compatible...

Old 12-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Stolen 98
Is it out of an '01? I've read that only '00 & '01 are compatible...
It is out of an 00

Search this Thread