Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

DLR's Think i have got them taken care of

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DLR's Think i have got them taken care of

ok guys/gals today i was adding some ricer lights and when i pulled the head light out to do so i relised there is a plug there DOH! Here is the deal al of your lights that are int eh head lights are pluged in to a harnes that runs to one central plug on the back of each light

All i need to do is get enough time to do this with out kids asking a million questions,.

But if you can iceolate the right pin on that plug that you could take it out of that harness and etheir cut it off or you can seal it so the elements dont hurt it then you can always put your beloved DLR's back in to operation when you would like to do so.

reason why should work

1 the high beams are the DLR's with low voltage to them
2 the high beams are on thier own circut also.

if this is true you will beabel to remove it and have no adverse effects and your computer wouldnt know any diffrent as the current in it is goign to a dead end but not grounded.

so if there are anyone of you out there that can reserch the plug please let me know i have a wireing harness but not sure it shows the plug on it If it dose it will be over for them

If i knew what color the wire was i would have delt with it today. LOL

Old 06-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Default RE: DLR's Think i have got them taken care of

aw man, you had me thinking you were giving a solution *sighs*

Old 09-27-2005, 03:28 PM

http://2kmc.mymonte.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6918

Just ran across this link over on 2K where someone figured out the DLR issue and apparently is selling a kit to ditch them.

It's $70 and looks like a very clean mod...

Old 09-27-2005, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

http://2kmc.mymonte.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6918

Just ran across this link over on 2K where someone figured out the DLR issue and apparently is selling a kit to ditch them.

It's $70 and looks like a very clean mod...

whoa. I don't dislike them that much. I figure once I upgrade my alt that it's gonna be a non issue. Plus it'll let me show off my sweet JDM yellow Luminics bulbs

Old 09-27-2005, 11:19 PM

Yeah, $70 seems a little high, but if it does the trick it may be a worthy mod.

The other thing I started thinking about regarding DRL's is the run time on the bulbs. It seems that the less they are on the longer the bulbs will last. Wonder what the average burn life is to a stock bulb? It may be a non issue.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:43 PM

I think i am one of the few that dosn't mind DLR's or ALC's.[sm=interesting.gif]

I'm planning some more sylvania silverstars for the headlights, and maybe... just MAYBE some of the brain dead idiot mindless clueless hopeless can't drive out of a paper bag drivers out there MIGHT... JUST MAYBE... notice me. But no gaurantee.[&:]

Sometimes.. i wish i could just do this to them.....[sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=violent053.gif]

Leave them looking like this...[sm=outcold.gif]

Tj

Old 09-27-2005, 11:56 PM

I have Silverstars for my high & lows that work out great. Much brighter than stock. But, I am going to try those 893 Luminics Pure Blue fog lights very soon....

Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 AM

I have Silverstars for my high & lows that work out great. Much brighter than stock. But, I am going to try those 893 Luminics Pure Blue fog lights very soon....
I have the plain sylvania 893's and i don't want them any brighter. Heat seems to be ok, so i'm leaving them alone.

Tj

Old 09-28-2005, 12:51 AM

The other thing I started thinking about regarding DRL's is the run time on the bulbs. It seems that the less they are on the longer the bulbs will last. Wonder what the average burn life is to a stock bulb? It may be a non issue.
Yeah, $70 is a little steep for me for such a petty issue, especially when it will most likely be rectified once I upgrade my alt as needed to supply the extra juice for my system.

As for bulb life, your reasoning seems logical, although I'm not too sure it would really be an issue considering that our DRL's are the high beams run at low voltage. But on other Chevy's where the use auxillary bulbs, you see them burnt out all the time......Chevy trucks, Vette's, come to mind

Old 09-28-2005, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Yeah, $70 is a little steep for me for such a petty issue, especially when it will most likely be rectified once I upgrade my alt as needed to supply the extra juice for my system.

As for bulb life, your reasoning seems logical, although I'm not too sure it would really be an issue considering that our DRL's are the high beams run at low voltage. But on other Chevy's where the use auxillary bulbs, you see them burnt out all the time......Chevy trucks, Vette's, come to mind
Are you sure our DLR's run off of our highs? I thought for sure they were running off the outter (Lows) bulbs... I'll check it out this morning... Wonder if the SS runs different than the LS?

Quick Reply: DLR's Think i have got them taken care of