Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

In-Dash GPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:48 PM

yeah cruchfiled will give you complete instructions, and all hardware, just click add when it asks. great site, but they don't have that pioneer deck, at least i havn't found it.

i woudln't stray away form main brands for decks, eclipse, alpine, pioneer, kenwood, and SOME clarion those are the decks i use, i have an eclipse deck now. love it, but they dont make decks
anymore

i dont think cruchfield has that pioneer, but this kenwood is pretty nice

http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_613D...cc=01&tp=20222

and not to overpriced, cruchfield has some of the highest prices you'll find but they offer exceptional service and eveyrthing they sell is fully supported and under warranty by them and factory.

Last edited by eviling; 08-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:17 PM

Thanks a TON guys. And just so I understand fully, I could NOT get away with just buying the pioneer unit and installing it without buying anything else, correct?

Old 08-13-2010, 05:08 PM

you can not sadly need the mounting brackets because the stock deck has the brackets built into the deck so they go when the deck is removed.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM

Ok thanks for clarifying. The unit you just linked me to looks really nice I think I'm going to get that one. What else would I need to buy just that and the chime unit, correct?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by lladro
Ok thanks for clarifying. The unit you just linked me to looks really nice I think I'm going to get that one. What else would I need to buy just that and the chime unit, correct?
Depends on your what you want. You will need to add another pricey adapter to have your steering wheel controls work, get satellite radio, or connect an ipod.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:24 PM

damn haha. How much for that adapter any idea?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Which one of these looks best for features, quality, options, ipod control, durability, reliability etc.?

Thanks for the help guys I just wanna make sure I get a good reliable system, I put the numbers in order of what I'm thinking I want most so I like the Dual best then Jensen double DIN etc.

Last edited by lladro; 08-21-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: new links
Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by lladro
Which one of these looks best for features, quality, options, ipod control, durability, reliability etc.?

Thanks for the help guys I just wanna make sure I get a good reliable system, I put the numbers in order of what I'm thinking I want most so I like the Dual best then Jensen double DIN etc.
I like the Jensen double, but lemme bounce another idea off you.

Ive been obsessing over this same decision for my monte. After much debate, I decided to go with a pretty darn nice DVD only head unit, and the GPS app on my phone.

You get a very accurate GPS that works not only in your car, but everywhere else too, AND no other antenna that needs a spot on your roof.

Just a thought....

Old 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM

I dont really like any of them units. i really dont trust any other brands aside from the main ones, alpine, jbl, eclipse, pioneer, kenwood, maybe clarion. but jenson, no way in hell would i touch a jenson deck :|

Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 PM

What do you guys think of this? It's a kenwood and looks really nice and then I could just purchase the dash kit and chime adapter seperately, what do you guys think of that idea?

Quick Reply: In-Dash GPS