Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Changing OEM Cloth Seats to Leather w/o side airbag

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Unhappy Changing OEM Cloth Seats to Leather w/o side airbag

Hi all,

I've googled this and searched the forum before posting for this.. and I'm not finding an answer.

I have an 07 Monte Carlo LT with a cloth interior. The interior is pretty beat up from people smoking in my car and burning 5 billion holes in my seats.

Anyways, my friend owns a junk yard and got me these seats from an 07 Monte Carlo. They looked exact so I didnt think anything of it til I noticed my seats have an airbag and the leather ones don't. My mechanic friend tells me it won't matter but he's a know it all and has been wrong before.

If i take out the original seats and replace with the leather what can I expect? Im assuming my airbag light will stay on and possibly disable my front and passenger air bags..

Anyone run into this? Is there a fix? Can I really just plug in the new seats and it'll work? I have access to a diagnostic tool.. wonder if i can just turn them off?

Any help would be appreciated, def bummed that I ran into this problem.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM

you could put a resistor on them so the car thinks its still connected to side airbags