Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

CHANGING FACTORY SPEAKERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Default CHANGING FACTORY SPEAKERS

HEY ALL...I HAVE AN 05MC LT WITH THE UPGRADED FACTORY SYST. IN IT WITH THE SMALL AMP IN THE TRUNK. IT IS NOT THE BOSE SYST. I KNOW THAT THE SPEAKERS ARE ALL 2OHM SO I WAS THINKING OF REPLACING THEM WITH NEW INFINITY KAPPA 2 OHM SPEAKERS...60.7CS, 6.5" 2-WAY COMPONENTS IN THE FRONT DOORS AND 692.7i 6X9 2-WAY IN THE REAR. THEY ARE 2 OHM LOAD SO THEY SHOULD WORK WITH THE FACTORY RADIO/AMP COMBINATION. HAS ANY ONE HAD AN EXPEARENCE REPLACING THE FACTORT SPEAKERS WITH THE INFINITY KAPPA'S?? IF SO,PLEASE SHARE YOUR INSTALATION AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE SOUND QUALITY AFTERWARDS....THANKS MIKE07083

Old 08-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Default RE: CHANGING FACTORY SPEAKERS

the ones i haveare the kappas and love them!!!!.
good sound and great response. i also have two 12's in the trunk and it sounds real good . but need to up grade your amp for them to be abel to show thier potential. and also to get better signal to them for the clarity.

i have a hyphonics amp in the trunk and it seems to hold them fine

Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 PM

HEY,ARE YOU RUNNING THE FACTORY RADIO AND AMP INTO YOUR INFINITY KAPPA'S?

Old 08-18-2007, 06:24 PM

i did at first. but i now have the pioneer avic dvd player and love it. the factory amp is running the front speackers and the subs are on teh hyphonics amp that i have. it will get up and pound when needed but the sub amp is not big enough so i dont do that verry offten as it throws the amp in to protect mode still. So i am looking in to finding a mono block class D amp so i have pleanty of punch for them and then i will use the amp i have now in place of the factory set up all to geather and get rid of that amp for this car.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:50 PM

MICKEY...WILL THEY SOUND BETTER THAN THE FACTORY STOCK SPEAKERS WITH THE FACTORY AMP? I KNOW THAT I SHOULD RUN THEM WITH AN AFTERMARKET AMP FOR THEM TO SOUND THEIR BEST...(LOOKING AT A KENWOOD KAC-X4R/100WPC X 4 INTO 2OHMS)....ALL IM LOOKING FOR NOW IS A LITTLE BETTER SOUND STILL USING THE FACTORY AMP AND RADIO....WHAT DO U THINK?? THANKS

Old 08-18-2007, 07:33 PM

yes they made the sound a lot better, in the car.
anything is better then the factory speakers.

but keep in mind the monte carlos have really good imaging and sound anyways

Old 08-18-2007, 07:50 PM

YES MICKEY,IM JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE BETTERSOUND WITH KEEPING THE FACTORY RADIO AND AMP. I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP THE RADIO CONTROLS FOR THE CARS MESSAGING SYSTEM.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:15 AM

i didnt give up either for my stereo you buy the interface and you can keep teh controlls on the wheel and even use them,
As far as the messege center i dont understand why chanign the stereo would mess with this, they are not even connected in that way.

but yes you can do wha tyour saying and even change that facory amp out completly with out messing anythign up on the car for doign this.

Also please turn off the caps lock sounds like your yelling

Old 08-20-2007, 03:30 PM

I had my infinity speakers installed in my mc and the sound quality has greatly improved over the factory speakers. Im thinking now of replacing the factory radio with a good aftermarket to further improve the sound quality. has anyone done this to their mc and can you tell me how it turned out and if there was better sound ....thanks mike

Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Hi `Mike,
Post some pictures of your 05 Monte Carlo LT
and share them with the members.
What color is your Monte ? What equipment ?
There has to be some great places to take pic's in NJ.
Have you done any `mod's to your Monte ?
If so, share them, `if not ? What do you want to do ?
Look forward to your future post, and pic's : )
Wish you Safe/Happy/Fun/Good Tunes
in your Monte Carlo : )
`Space

Quick Reply: CHANGING FACTORY SPEAKERS