Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

car audio nightmare HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Default car audio nightmare HELP!

Hey everybody im new to this forum And you all are a great help when it comes to troubleshooting so here i go i installed my own cd player and i wired it to the orange constant wire so i had to turn it on and off manually which was a pain so about a month after i bought a subwoofer and amp so i had to take my cd player out to hook up the rca and blue remote wire as i was finished i tried tp put it back in i heard a pop and smelt a whiff of ozone now i dont have any power coming from the orange wire and all the fuses are ok im so confused and i dont think best buy can fix this i need a pros help on this!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Cool story bro

Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Wow thats the longest sentence I have ever seen. My head hurts now. Did you test the orange wire or are you just assuming that since the stereo doesnt have power that the orange wire is the culprit? I say this cause its possible you blew the fuse on the back of the stereo. Did you check that fuse as well or just the fuses in the car?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Yeah i checked it and changed it to be sure but nothing its really frustrating. And sorry about the long run on sentence lol im doing this from a mobile phone.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by DBS MC
Cool story bro
he's asking for help not worthless remarks.

I would double check to make sure that all of your wiring is correct, read the wires if theyre labelled and make sure they're all connected to the right wires.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:13 PM

Double check the fuses, on the radio and the fuse block, check the ground to make sure it wasn't pulled my error, and verify the power wire is hot. The ozone smell could be an electronic circuit so double checking, actually looking and testing the radio's fuse, would be good for a start. Btw, is the deck a pioneer deck? If it is, you may have blown the radio and pico fuse. For future reference, disconnect the power wire from the deck before installing RCA connectors.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM

do you have electrical tape covering the spliced wire? if you do, remove it all and solder and shrink-wrap it.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM

So sorry, Trewyn. We'll consider ourselves chastised.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:47 PM

Yeah it is a pioneer deck does that mean its broken? And how would i check to see id it was an electrical circuit? But thanks again guys you gave me a little better starting point then where i was at

Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
So sorry, Trewyn. We'll consider ourselves chastised.
thanks.

Originally Posted by dandog1718
Yeah it is a pioneer deck does that mean its broken? And how would i check to see id it was an electrical circuit? But thanks again guys you gave me a little better starting point then where i was at
that doesn't mean it's automatically broken, you could have a simple fuse problem.

like others stated, check the fuses, if your wires are not connected correctly, that could also bring a problem.

what troubleshooting have you done so far?

Quick Reply: car audio nightmare HELP!