Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Bulb Caps/Sleeves

Old 03-30-2018, 10:17 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Bulb Caps/Sleeves

Hey guys. About a year ago I put all white LEDs in the car replacing the stock dash lighting. After a year I've decided to go back to work again and putting them all back to stock lighting. I can't get past the hot spots even with very wide angle LEDs so I figured instead of keeping the car looking like crap I might as well make it stock. Here lies my problem - when I tore everything apart originally I threw away all of the original blue bulb sleeves which made them a yellowish color. I bought some blue ones on eBay from a few different sellers but they all make my bulbs green like in the older GMCs. Does anyone have any idea on where I can find genuine MONTE bulb sleeves? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-31-2018, 11:10 AM

weird all my dash lights are Green,factory stock. Herman

Old 03-31-2018, 11:14 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

The gauges are my new LEDs, the radio is the regular bulbs with the blue bulb sleeves. I'm looking for the original color on the steering wheel controls which are a lot whiter.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:50 PM

Those blue caps sure make radio lights look Green at least thats what I see, My steering wheel lights are are a white color. Herman

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.