Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Best sound system

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Default Best sound system

i have an all stock 2006 monte carlo ss and i would like to know what would be the best sound system to put in it that is a resonable price

thank you if someone could tell me

Old 06-24-2009, 07:55 AM

Honestly there is no way you're going to get even a halfway useful response without a lot more information on your part- the question is far too vague.

Here are some questions you need to answer:
-Exactly how much are you looking to spend (reasonable to one person is not reasonable to another)
-What do you want to do with the system (just for daily driving, for SQ competition, for dB competition)
-What kind of music do you listen to?
-How much are you willing to replace? (ie just a speaker swap, new deck + 4 speakers, new deck+4 spkrs+sub+amps, or more custom- cutting out door panels, etc)
-If you want to replace the deck too, what features are you looking for in that? (navi, bluetooth, usb in, etc)
-If you want subs, how much trunk space are you willing to lose?

Try answering all of those, then you should get something more helpful.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Try Alpine Products, There head units might be more expensive but there amps, subs, speakers are great prices for what there are. If you cant afford Alpine(although they have some of the best Head Units available on the market) head unit prices try kenwood Head Units they have decent prices

Old 06-24-2009, 01:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Asking a question like is like asking "What is the best color".

Alli can say is think about what do are you looking for in a systme. DO you want to wake the neighbors 5 blocks away? Do you want to be a audiophile and listen to every note balanced to one another. or something in between.

What i would say is to start with a head unit that will give you all the features that you are looking for. Do you want to use CDs, MP3 CDs, are you looking to use an IPod. Once you have thought about that, get it and put it away. Then look at speakers. Listen to them in soundboards. LISTEN to what you like...and so on and so forth.

In the end, its YOUR ears that you have to please.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Honestly there is no way you're going to get even a halfway useful response without a lot more information on your part- the question is far too vague.

Here are some questions you need to answer:
-Exactly how much are you looking to spend (reasonable to one person is not reasonable to another)
-What do you want to do with the system (just for daily driving, for SQ competition, for dB competition)
-What kind of music do you listen to?
-How much are you willing to replace? (ie just a speaker swap, new deck + 4 speakers, new deck+4 spkrs+sub+amps, or more custom- cutting out door panels, etc)
-If you want to replace the deck too, what features are you looking for in that? (navi, bluetooth, usb in, etc)
-If you want subs, how much trunk space are you willing to lose?

Try answering all of those, then you should get something more helpful.

You are way more patient than I am. I see these types of questions and just hit that back button, lolol.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Try Alpine Products, There head units might be more expensive but there amps, subs, speakers are great prices for what there are. If you cant afford Alpine(although they have some of the best Head Units available on the market) head unit prices try kenwood Head Units they have decent prices

Alpine does not have the best head units on the market. Nakimichi, Eclipse, Clarion, Panasonic. I like all of their units MUCH better than Alpine. You can buy Alpine at Best Buy, believe me when I say they are not high end...

Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by ls3mach
You are way more patient than I am. I see these types of questions and just hit that back button, lolol.
Yeah, if I would've realized that he posted up the same vague question in the performance forum too, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Guess I figured I'd be nice for a change

Alpine does not have the best head units on the market. Nakimichi, Eclipse, Clarion, Panasonic. I like all of their units MUCH better than Alpine. You can buy Alpine at Best Buy, believe me when I say they are not high end...
Thats the exact reason why I try to avoid posting specific brands, everyone has had difference experiences in the past with different brands, and opinion about what is easy to use or what sounds better can be skewed by the user.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Red is the best color

Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 PM

i went to best buy and looked at an alpine head with infinity speakers, both the best ones that they had at the store. they said that it would run me like 500 bucks then i looked at a fusion 12in sub with a 450 watt amp

Old 06-25-2009, 09:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Pantera, since people are being nice and trying to help you with your question, you may want to read their posts and give them the details they are asking for. People are going to stop answering your questions if you dont.

Quick Reply: Best sound system