Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Best place to find parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 01:41 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Best place to find parts?

I'm looking to buy a new steering wheel for my '03, because the buttons are sort of melted and destroyed. Is there a good place I can find one other then trying to pull one from a car being parted out on Craigslist?

I'm also looking for those awesome red bowtie headrests. Is there any 3rd party place that makes quality ones?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, haven't had any luck finding them on my own.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A member on the forum here is selling replacement buttons. Look in the classifieds here. Easy for you to swap out yourself.

You can remove your head rests and take them to an upholstery shop and have them sew on some Bow Tie Emblems. You have to go t the mom and pop places as some shops wont due that due to copy right rules.

Good luck, cool to see your getting your Monte back to it's original glory

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I'd rather swap the steering wheel, forgot to mention that it is pretty worn down. I see The_Maniac has one for sale, and I'll probably shoot him a message once I become a full member.

I'll try to look around tonight before work, there's quite a few of those places in my area.

Wasn't too much left for me to do, previous owner took really good care. I'll try to post some pics at some point once I get some time.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

you might check to see if you have a U-Pull it yard salvage yard nearby,
I put a link to ebay for the Headrests didn't, see the one you wanted but if you keep checking it one may show up

monte carlo OEM headrest | eBay

Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
snip
Thanks man, didn't think of that. All this car stuff is new to me. Also, thanks for that link, I'll keep checking it daily.