Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Anything LED...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hiroska
lol vacuum my friend vacuum. But nice screen, I wish my wiring harness was as cheap as the 6th gens...the 7ths gen is 100 starting off. lord.
Oh I definitely vacuumed it after this. Unfortunately gravel drive+black carpet does not stay clean long. I figured no point vacuuming before working since I was making a mess anyway.

Yea the screen is actually hooked up to a raspberry pi computer running xbmc. Hard to see in the pic but I've got a usb hub mounted under the dash. Can play just about any video/audio on there easily. Probably the thing I'm most proud of in the car so far.

Last edited by bfenty; 12-09-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: More info
Old 12-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by bfenty

Oh I definitely vacuumed it after this. Unfortunately gravel drive+black carpet does not stay clean long. I figured no point vacuuming before working since I was making a mess anyway.

Yea the screen is actually hooked up to a raspberry pi computer running xbmc. Hard to see in the pic but I've got a usb hub mounted under the dash. Can play just about any video/audio on there easily. Probably the thing I'm most proud of in the car so far.
Me and my brother have been fantasizing about the raspberry pi type interface since before the pi came out. Just haven't had a chance to make one.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Invest in some rubber mats, man! I used to live on gravel so I know what you mean! I personally HATE carpet floor mats!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:42 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Invest in some rubber mats, man! I used to live on gravel so I know what you mean! I personally HATE carpet floor mats!
5 mile gravel road, rubber mats=life saver

Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Me and my brother have been fantasizing about the raspberry pi type interface since before the pi came out. Just haven't had a chance to make one.
Feel free to PM me with questions it was surprisingly easy to set up. If you're good at wiring etc could probably do it for right around $100 or so. I HIGHLY recommend it it's a lifesaver on long car trips.

Last edited by bfenty; 12-10-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-10-2013, 10:36 AM

5 mile gravel road, rubber mats=life saver
Really...did not realize that rubber mats would make a difference. I will have to check into this for sure, because I end up vacuuming once or twice a week and it still looks like that.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM
1 Year Member

Feel free to PM me with questions it was surprisingly easy to set up. If you're good at wiring etc could probably do it for right around $100 or so. I HIGHLY recommend it it's a lifesaver on long car trips.
I wonder if you coul build an interface so as to still control the gm factory options such as tpms and oil life...

Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Really...did not realize that rubber mats would make a difference. I will have to check into this for sure, because I end up vacuuming once or twice a week and it still looks like that.
Put it this way, bfenty:
1)carpet mats - 10 minutes vaccumm | 20-30 minutes to have them shampoo'd from mud and what not
2)rubber mats - 1 minutes to shake them off | 5 minutes to power wash (or) spray down with tire cleanser [or other rubber cleaning agent] and rinse.

*times may vary, but you get the point

Old 12-10-2013, 12:36 PM

I wonder if you coul build an interface so as to still control the gm factory options such as tpms and oil life...
Work is being done on such an interface, but I'm not terribly optimistic about it. It's a lot of work and the overlap between car people and linux people isn't very large...

Old 12-10-2013, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Put it this way, bfenty:
1)carpet mats - 10 minutes vaccumm | 20-30 minutes to have them shampoo'd from mud and what not
2)rubber mats - 1 minutes to shake them off | 5 minutes to power wash (or) spray down with tire cleanser [or other rubber cleaning agent] and rinse.

*times may vary, but you get the point
definitely. I'll have to get some. They make any with Monte Carlo emblem?

Quick Reply: Anything LED...