Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Anyone have this 5th gen problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation Anyone have this 5th gen problem?

Hey everybody does anyone have this problem with their dash? My front dash piece is cracked sadly. Luckily I have gotten a like new one out of the junkyard that is the same color and in perfect shape. So many other 5th gen monte's as well as lumina's that I looked through were cracked too. The trouble is I can put that new front dash panel on but it won't sit right because the top dash panel is warped and doesn't sit flat (if you look close enough you can see the yellow dash panel pad). I've been told it needs a new dash panel pad so that it can sit properly and allow that front dash piece to snap on top of it and fit properly. Does anyone know where I can find that part to buy or order online? Most of the junkyard ones are to brittle from being baked in the heat.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have this 5th gen problem?-image.jpg  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's a pretty nasty crack..

Fortunately,
I don't believe I will ever have that issue as all my windows are tinted..(Even the front one) I also have a 9" Limo tint eye brow added to it!

That's a Good question...
Since I don't have that Issue...
But im sure someone wil chime in and be able to help you!
Good luck on your search/Repair!

Have you considered shaveing down the dash pad to make it fit?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member

Stumpmi that's exactly what I was thinking about doing I just wanna have an extra dash pad on hand just in case that dash pad snaps cause its pretty dry and brittle. Also don't want things to squeak a lot if the pad is shaved too much. But hopefully someone on here can tell me more about it. Unfortunately the panel was warped before I bought the car. I was able to get it to sit flat and I used just a little automotive glue to hold the front dash piece on but as I learned that was a bad idea cause that thing was under so much pressure not wanting to sit flat that as soon as I hit a bump it cracked the front dash panel. Btw your monte looks awesome! Other than that my interior is great.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member

Also if anyone knows more about what kind of work this is gonna be and how exactly to do it with any pointers or anything that would be awesome.