Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Amplifier or worse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:28 AM
Default Amplifier or worse?

I've got a 2005 Monte Carlo LT with audio problems. It seems that only the right front speaker is working at full volume, but sounds tinny. Going through the R - L, F - B fader & most of the other speakers hardly can be heard. Looking on Google points to the amp mounted in the rear deck, or possibly a wiring problem, but I think that was in the event that floor of car had been wet, which mine wasn't.
Absolutely DO NOT want to go with an after market radio & I'm wondering what are the chances that the amp is my problem.
With as easy as it looks to replace, I'm fearing that it could be the least of my problems, haha!
Thanks!

Old 01-22-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by mikey59
I've got a 2005 Monte Carlo LT with audio problems. It seems that only the right front speaker is working at full volume, but sounds tinny. Going through the R - L, F - B fader & most of the other speakers hardly can be heard. Looking on Google points to the amp mounted in the rear deck, or possibly a wiring problem, but I think that was in the event that floor of car had been wet, which mine wasn't.
Absolutely DO NOT want to go with an after market radio & I'm wondering what are the chances that the amp is my problem.
With as easy as it looks to replace, I'm fearing that it could be the least of my problems, haha!
Thanks!
I had problems with my stereo when I got my car and it was a bad amp. Since Ive replaced the stereo no more problems. Herman