Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

amp won't turn on. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default amp won't turn on. HELP!

Hey guys!

I recently just bought some subs and an amp for my car, and I'm trying to hook everything up on a factory system (no aftermarket head unit). The amp is a Hifonics Hfi1000.1d, and the subs are 2 12" Kenwood kfc-w3013ps. I've got my amp hooked up (I think the right way), and my amp still wont turn on! Here's where all the wires run:

Red power: from the power terminal on the amp, to the battery. It has a fuse on it and the fuse isn't blown.

Black ground: from the ground terminal on the amp, to the closest bolt on the passenger side strut. I sanded all the paint off down to the bare metal (metal flakes were coming off because I sanded so much).

Blue remote: from the REM terminal on the amp, to the drivers side fuse box and into the door lock fuse. (not sure where the ignition wires run, so I can't hook it up to the pink wire like a write up on here said).

RCAs: from the Line in on the amp, to a PAC SNI-35 Line out converter which runs to the rear speakers. (do the levels on the LOC have to be up for the amp to turn on?)

I haven't hooked up my subs yet because I'm still in the process of building the box.

I'm at a serious impass here.. I've spent HOURS trying to figure out what's wrong. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you,
Tyler

Old 11-08-2011, 03:33 PM

have you checked to see if your remote wire has power when your car is on?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member

Well when I have it plugged in, the Hifonics logo lights up so id assume its getting power.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 PM

your amp is lit up but no sub movment. hummm i'd say stick your tung on it :P

uhm no. try taking the red and jumping it ot the remote, does the amp look different, do it while the cars on try and see if its your remote wire from your deck.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:41 PM

im kinda confused here... it lights up but your subs are NOT hooked up? or are they hooked up?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member

All I have in right now is the amp because I'm still building the box. I have a stock head unit so I can't hook it up the remote wire on the deck. And the HF on the amp lights up blue when the remote wire is hooked up to a fuse, but the power light doesn't come on when I turn my car on. I'm pretty sure the ground is good, and the power wire is right I'm pretty sure. I'm so confused as to why it won't turn on.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:12 PM

hmm that is strange... maybe the amp is screwed up? id make sure the power wire is tight and check your fuse holder make sure everything is good there.. i dont have any experience with these amps.. that is confusing.... all the amps i had just had power lights on them..

Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

It does have a power light on it, but it never lights up. Do you think the levels on the Line Out Converter have to be up? Does the fuse in the amp just pull out, do you think? Maybe that's blown. I might go to the audio shop tomorrow and have them check it out.

Edit: how do I easily access the ignition wires so I could hook the remote wire to the pink wire in there?

Last edited by my00monte; 11-08-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM

Yes iknow that is your issue. Fuses on amps do just pull out. Wouldn't hurt to try it I guess. Since I have aftermarket deck I can't answer this with 100% confidence but Im sure you can get to the ignition wires by pulling the dash board off.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member

I tried pulling the dash off and looking at the ignition, but I think you would also have to take the ignition assembly out because I didn't see any wires in plain sight. Does anyone have an amp and subs in their car with a factory head unit?

Edit: is there a remote turn on lead on the stock amp?

Last edited by my00monte; 11-09-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: amp won't turn on. HELP!