Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Aftermarket Chime Module that Sounds Like Factory Chime

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:34 AM
1 Year Member
Question Aftermarket Chime Module that Sounds Like Factory Chime

I recently got an aftermarket stereo after the CD player stopped working in my factory stereo and got it installed by a professional company. There is one downside to the installation and that is that they used a crappy little chime module to replace the factory chime that came from the radio (found in this kit here.) This new chime module is extremely loud and not very reliable on cold days (I have no idea why but sometimes it work work immediately). I was wondering what the best sounding chime module any of you all have used in your cars. I found
this this
one on amazon but I'm not sure if I can could connect it to my current wiring interface. Thanks for any help

Alt links:

PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo and retain OnStar®, factory amp, and steering wheel audio controls in select 2000-up GM vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Amazon.com : Axxess GMRC-02 Non-Amplified Non-OnStar Interface Harness for Select 2000-2005 GM Vehicles : Automotive Radio Accessories : Car Electronics

Old 11-04-2015, 02:12 PM

I don't think anyone really cares about the chime and usually doesn't get one installed when they go aftermarket, I know myself I don't.