Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): After Market Deck

Old 01-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Default After Market Deck

I bought a new Sony stereo for my 2006 LTZ and I was recently told that I need to buy some type of bypass for the new stereo...(something to do with the fact I have on-star). I have the basic double din installation kit but I was told I'd need more than that to install.

For people that have installed stereos in this specific generation, what did you all need to install a deck?

Attached Thumbnails After Market Deck-71ff83541fe81efca294bdcffa6dd5d8.png   After Market Deck-12540001_10208386745810440_493714937_n.jpg  
Old 01-16-2016, 12:44 AM

You will need a interface module also to properly install your headunit. You will also need a separate module to retain factory steering wheel controls if you desire. Also going to depend on if you have a factory installed amp or not which kit will work correctly.

With either amp or no amp you will need a Metra AX-ADGM01
Without Factory Amp you will also need AX-ADBOX02
With Factory Amp you will need AX-ADBOX01
You will also need an Antenna Adapter I believe for your car should be 40-CR10.
If you want to retain factory steering wheel controls ASWC-1

Don't try to install with out these as it isn't like the old days some of these are data wires tied into the CAN bus of the car and can cause you major issues.

These are all Metra/AXXESS part numbers so that if you need them right away you can get them at your local BestBuy or most car audio shops. I pulled the parts directly from Metra's website you can also call Crutchfield to double check them if you like.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:01 AM

Where is the factory amp usually located? I'm not sure if I have it or not...

Old 01-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The factory amp should be in the trunk, under the rear speaker deck.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by jason2982 View Post
You will need a interface module also to properly install your headunit. You will also need a separate module to retain factory steering wheel controls if you desire. Also going to depend on if you have a factory installed amp or not which kit will work correctly.

With either amp or no amp you will need a Metra AX-ADGM01
Without Factory Amp you will also need AX-ADBOX02
With Factory Amp you will need AX-ADBOX01
You will also need an Antenna Adapter I believe for your car should be 40-CR10.
If you want to retain factory steering wheel controls ASWC-1

Don't try to install with out these as it isn't like the old days some of these are data wires tied into the CAN bus of the car and can cause you major issues.

These are all Metra/AXXESS part numbers so that if you need them right away you can get them at your local BestBuy or most car audio shops. I pulled the parts directly from Metra's website you can also call Crutchfield to double check them if you like.
I was just looking to keep the radio antenna and steering wheel controls, I could car less about OnStar and door chimes lol

Old 01-17-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by BSHAW94 View Post
I was just looking to keep the radio antenna and steering wheel controls, I could car less about OnStar and door chimes lol
You will also need those if you want to keep the power accessory retention.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.