Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

AeroForce Tech Interceptor OBDC2

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Default AeroForce Tech Interceptor OBDC2

Has anyone had any experience with the AeroForce Tech Interceptor OBDC2? I have heard they are a great tool to have to monitor your KR while you drive, in addition to another 10 or some odd variables that you can monitor. And it supposedly updates every 1/10th of a second or something, for accurate readouts while you drive. Anyone have an opinion?

Click here for the Aeroforce Tech Interceptor.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Default RE: AeroForce Tech Interceptor OBDC2

Hi Keegan,
I like them, and wish I had the funds to add them to my Monte.
Would make it more like space ship gauges : )
In my 06, I really miss the oil pressure, & amp gauge pkg.
(Another way GM cut their expenses)[X(]
With everything you are doing to your awesome Monte, I think
it's imporatant to have good read outs on what's happening
with the powerplant : )
Hopefully a member that has them will post their experience
with them...
Price: $228.99
Keegan, let the member's know what you decide.
When do you return from your mission.
Wish U a safe return to your Monte.
`Space

Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM

Well Space, I'll hopefully be home in less than 2.5 months. I am counting the days, and my Monte is waiting anxiously at home for my return.

And I really would appreciate if anyone who has one can give me their experience, I am torn between these and the standard gauges. The main reason that I want these are because they plug right into your OBDII and allow you to spare yourself alot of drilling and routing through your firewall for standard gauges.

-Keegan

Old 08-17-2007, 10:11 PM

i have one and love it. i have the power tuner, and even thought the PT is a much better scaner and it logs the info, it is a pain to drive around with a laptop at all times.... not to mention not worth the risk of someone stealing the laptop and PT. having the gauge in the car is great. it is in an easy to see location and i can keep track of my AF ratio and KR readings also like the mpg readout since montes of my year never came with them. also use the LTFT readouts to tell if i need more tuning. being able to read and erase SES lights while driving is awsome! makes me wish all cars had something like this in them.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 AM

I also plan on buying the PowrTuner right after I buy theses, but I wanted a way, just like you, to monitor without hooking up a laptop and having to keep it with me. I appreciate the response Pheonix!! Gave me a push towards the two-gauge set.

Thanks!

-Keegan

Old 08-20-2007, 08:52 AM

Okay, so I bought the two-gauge set, along with a voltmeter. Yes, I know that the voltmeter works on the Aeroforce scanner, except I bought a 3-gauge pod, and because I only wanted two of the aeroforce scanners, I went ahead and bought a cheapo voltmeter to fill in the third slot.

Only problem is, well, I dont get to come home for another 2 months or so. So now I have these awesome gauges waiting for me at home, but can't do anything about it.

Oh well, great first project. I look forward to pulling my dash apart so that I can install the gauge holders.

I will post pics once i install it and update this post later this fall.

Thanks for the responses!
-Keegan

Old 08-23-2007, 09:03 PM

I'm holding out and saving for the HP Tuners they have on 3800performance right now. There are less people that have them over the DHP, but the tech support seems to be better from the people I've spoken with.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:28 PM

the HP tuners is a good idea cause it works for many more cars then DHP, but i have learned a lot from DHP and their forum. pretty much the tuning should be the same with either tuner. still need to scan and make changes to the same folders in the pcm.

as for not getting the gauge, i still would go back any buy both all over again. yeah it did cost a lot, but it helped me learn to tune the car much faster. also driving around with a laptop all the time is not practical. having the gauge alows me to monitor the car on a daily basis and know if i need to do additional tuning.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:48 AM

Well, I'm gonna stick with DHP, mainly because I'm going to have my monte for at least the next 5 years, so I know I dont have to worry about tuning anything other than that. Except I can't find any online manuals for the DHP tuner... Have you seen any online Pheonix?

I got the gauges delivered yesterday at home, or so the family says. They say they are gonna look good installed in the monte. I can't wait to install them...

Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM

the reason why you dont see anything online about the DHP powertuner is you need to be an owner to have access to their forum. all the articals and posts on the forum are locked to people who own a tuner. that being said, once you order a tuner they will process your access and you can begin reading and learning even before your tuner shows up. there is plenty of info on the site. you will hear it said on there and it is 100% true. read pretty much everything twice, take a break, read it again..... then scan the car and then read the info one more time. sounds like overkill, but you will have a much better understanding of what is involved and will end up wiht a much better tune.

remember as with everything the more you put into it the more you get out... so the more research you do and more you learn the better your car will run.

Quick Reply: AeroForce Tech Interceptor OBDC2