Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen Seat Foam Availability

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Default 6th Gen Seat Foam Availability

Anyone know where I can get new seat foam for the the drivers seat of a 2001 SS? Seems like lots of stuff available for earlier models but nothing for 6th Gen.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 PM

If no one post any information on your request you may want to search out a upholstery shop in your area & see if they can help. Is your seat leather or cloth ? You also could check with local salvage yards to see if they have any seats for sale. You could also buy a cushion & get a seat cover ? Maybe ?

Keep checking back on your thread to see if one of our member's has had this issue & can post what they did. Good Luck

Old 04-26-2016, 04:56 PM

I can change the covers myself and while the foam is in pretty good shape if I am going to the effort to change the covers I would change the foam if it is available. Would not buy salvage or used foam. Local upholstery shops do not have a source for new molded foam so they would build up what they need, which I could do, but would prefer new molded foam.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:15 PM

eFoamstore.com - The nation's leading source of foam

Click above to see if this site can help...It's great that you can do your own work. Good Luck

Old 04-26-2016, 06:28 PM

Stock foam is readily available. Originally these seats were built up with a molded foam that was molded specifically for this seat and that is what I am trying to find.
Many decades ago I was trained as a aircraft mechanic. Today I maintain my own aircraft and restore Corvettes. I have swung a wrench or two in my day.