Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2002 monte carlo factory stereo

Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 PM

I have the whole setup in my 01 MC SS, but the thing is is that I figure I did the installation correct and come to find out that I didn't. I installed the L.O.C. (Line Out Converter) to the radio harness and ended up with no sound. So I was thinking "maybe instead of the loc being tap into the front speaker wires, they need to be on the rear speaker wires". Which the result came out to "STILL NO FEED FROM THE SUB". So my nexts guess is the rca's that I have, maybe its a short in it or so. If I can't pinpoint my faults, then I will need a loc, amp and sub installation guide for DUMMIES or so. LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 AM

=\

gotta use the GM chime module

Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 PM

I figured that, I do have the harness with the chime because after those guys stole my system, my headunit was still in the trunk (thank goodness). So I will use it. I was about to throw that harness away because I am not tryin to put an after market stereo back into my car. Thanks for the insight.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:29 PM

I had my system installed with the help of a couple of friends and they used an axxess kit from metra. The install went well except for the hi/mid amp wiring. They wired that amp into the factory amplifier. Needless to say, they almost blew the factory amp. I'm wondering if I can rewire the new amp to the 4 speakers and then wire the factory amp to bypass the new amp at the front speakers so as to be able to use the onstar? Right now the onstar is disconnected so the new amp can be use.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 PM

Hey montyss, there is a poll on here about how to wire the aftermarket amp to the factory or aftermarket speakers (whateva's your choice) and bypass the original amp for better sound. My guess is that you should be able too because the factory amp is already wired into your original system, I think (I could be wrong also) that you can cut the speaker wires from the factory amp harness, add extra wire to the speaker wire and connect those to your aftermarket amp. That's what I'm thinking at least.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Default Radio or Amp issues

My wife has a 2004 Monte Carlo. The sound has been going off and on for the past few months. Now she has no sound from the radio. We are not sure if it's the amp or radio? Can we test? If not, then I want to install a aftermarket radio. If I do can I eliminate the AMP? Any help would be awesome. Please email me at doberman@rittermail.com

Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 PM

is there any way of putting in an entire after market speaker/sub kit without getting an aftermarket deck? I really hate the look of after market decks...

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM

Yep, and I'm pretty sure this thread explained it. You need either an amp integration interface or a line out converter to get signals for the amp.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 PM

Hello forum! I am very new to the site but I have been the proud owner of my Monte for a few years now. However recently my factory amplifier quit working on me. I put my voltmeter on the pins listed as power and ground and I do not have any power. When I leave my ground coonected to the plug and test the "B5" pin I have 9.xx but nothing at "A3". Anyone have any ideas? What fuse should I be checking for power as every fuse I have checked so far appears to be in good working condition. Thanx for your help in advance.

Chris

Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by rgant_19
Hey montyss, there is a poll on here about how to wire the aftermarket amp to the factory or aftermarket speakers (whateva's your choice) and bypass the original amp for better sound. My guess is that you should be able too because the factory amp is already wired into your original system, I think (I could be wrong also) that you can cut the speaker wires from the factory amp harness, add extra wire to the speaker wire and connect those to your aftermarket amp. That's what I'm thinking at least.
You wouldn't happen to have the link to this poll?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 monte carlo factory stereo