Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

'03 Monte Overhead Console

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default '03 Monte Overhead Console

My '03 Monte didn't come with an overhead console. It just has a pocket for sunglasses or whatever where the console would be. Is it possible to put in an overhead console out of a Monte that had the sunroof in it (mine does not have one)? If it's possible, what would I need to do it?

Old 05-23-2011, 04:06 PM

so you have a small pocket but want a fully loated pocket, and you do not have a sunroof? just replace the head liner with the liner of one that has one, a junk yard one, or i think thats one of the few things GM still has in their warehouse, because i think the impala uses the same thing or something.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM

The wiring for the overhead console isn't in the headliner if your car didn't come with one, so either you need to cut and splice or buy a retrofit harness (or replace your entire roof harness with an overhead console model)

The hole for the overhead cubby is bigger than the hole for the overhead console, so you would have to either patch the headliner or put in a new one

The sunroof model of the overhead console will work in a non-sunroof car (obviously the sunroof buttons won't work), but make sure what you buy has the external compass module with it (only used on the sunroof model) because you can't buy it separate from GM

You can find alot more info on the console install on my site:
Impala DIC Retrofit

BBEngineer

Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow! Thanks for the info. Looks like you've made it pretty simple to do. I'll be ordering the kit soon. Thanks again.