Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

01 LS mods/ future mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member

no my factory amp is still poweing my factory speakers. depending on what kind of amp you have tou probably could have it power your factory speakers. i have a class d amp which is for subs only. if it was me i would run 2 seperate amps to not take power away from the subs. it would be a little more complicated to install. you probably could just disconnect the factory amp and use the wires that run to it to hook up the aftermarket. i still have stock speakers. im looking to upgrade soon.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome pics! When my bulbs burn out I want to replace them with the brighter bulbs. I can't have smoked or clear license plate covers in IL anymore - they made em illegal which kinda sucks because I am getting specialized plates and I don't want the salt to corrode them. I guess I will be waxing my plates before winter.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member

heres an update.
i swapped out my interior lights for blue led's

i also put in a Fahrenheit 7 inch double din touch screen

i also put an aftermarket remote start/alarm in my monte. heres a pic of the remote.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Default LED Swap Out

Those blue LEDs are sick, very cool
Was it hard to swap out to the blue led's?
was it a kit or did u just buy the bulbs and switch em?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member

well it was kind of a pain in the butt. led's only run 3.5v max so i had to put resistors in also. i bought the leds and they came with free resistors for like 8 bucks on ebay. it was a pain because all of the lights are soldered in, so i had to unsolder them all and solder in the leds. led stands for light emitting diode, which a diode only lets current flow one way. so you have to use a multimeter to figure out which side is positive and negative on the circuit boards the lights are in. all and all it took a few hours to do all the lights. i did not do the steering wheel lights cause i couldnt figure out how to get the switches out of it.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

jealous! everything looks good. i like the radio!! i'd love to have orange led's in mine. and remote start is a definite want!! very cool thanks for posting!!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks! oarnge would look really good in yours. i wanted to get red to match the accents on my car, but i figured the was something custom, and a lot of pontiacs (if not all) have red interior lights, and i havnt seen many blue,or orange for that matter, and i wanted it to be noticable to passengers and other people. us monte owners know red doesnt come in it, but some people just dont love our cars enough to know every little detail. lol.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member

well i think i have come to the conclusion i am going to sell my monte. not to leave the monte family but to upgrade. i have my eye on a 2004 ss supercharged. anyone have any complaints/ or facts about these cars? i dont know too much about this model. im very accustomed to my 01LS and im sure since 00-05 was very much similar there are still some huge differences between mine and a supercharged.(3.4-3.8 SC) ive always been a guy for more power and thats what attracted me to upgrade my car. if anyone has some good info on them please let me know! i cant wait to see if this deal goes through. one of my buddies loves my car now and hes gunna try to buy it. il keep you gusy updated

Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What's the price difference between that 04 supercharged and a 00-04 non supercharged SS?

If you have the mechanical ability to perform a top-swap on a regular L36 you may be happier and save some money.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member

well mialge wise there is not a big difference. the one im looking at has 81k and its under 8 grand. that about what the ss w/o sc is running. im going to have to check out the car before making the purchase because of the low price. if this one falls through i may consider a top swap.

Quick Reply: 01 LS mods/ future mods