Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): You'll wanna hear this :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default You'll wanna hear this :)

Ever wondered what a 6th gen LS would sound like cammed with a "straight pipe" exhaust?

I'll post another thread about my new exhaust. Cold and warm start.

and NO I don't drive it like that lol

Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Gotta love that cammed idle sound...

Old 10-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds Really good, looking forward to the new exhaust!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6
Ever wondered what a 6th gen LS would sound like cammed with a "straight pipe" exhaust?

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngIoo4IY50Q&lc=Xi7LSm7HLh9OOoC2V1b-TvhY-6Roh6CpObmQpb6hbu8

I'll post another thread about my new exhaust. Cold and warm start.

and NO I don't drive it like that lol
Out of an ls?! Guess who is seriously considering a cam before some other upgrades now... that's sexy sounding!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM

But it is not camed, correct? Video is captioned "Well, it's not really cammed, just the old vacuum line trick lol sounds SO sick though."

Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Out of an ls?! Guess who is seriously considering a cam before some other upgrades now... that's sexy sounding!
Haha I know right?! I practically sh*t myself when I first how it sounded.

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
But it is not camed, correct? Video is captioned "Well, it's not really cammed, just the old vacuum line trick lol sounds SO sick though."
Correct, it does NOT have a cam installed. It's just the vacuum lined pulled to simulate it.

Thanks everyone!!

New thread up!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM
1 Year Member

Haha I know right?! I practically sh*t myself when I first how it sounded.

Correct, it does NOT have a cam installed. It's just the vacuum lined pulled to simulate it.

Thanks everyone!!

New thread up!
Wait so what?! It does huh? How do? Is it bad for the engine?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Wait so what?! It does huh? How do? Is it bad for the engine?
Yep, just pull the vacuum line (or cap) off the upper intake manifold near the runners to make it sound like that.

I wouldn't suggest driving like that, it feels like it want's to die out at a stop so you'd have to feather the gas to keep it dying out. You also get a loss of power too.

IMO, I haven't had anything bad happen, just a thrown code from when I drove it like that before and it was a mixture too lean or rich or something, but went back to normal after you fix the vacuum leak and the code went away.

So, I wouldn't drive it like that because of that loss of power, the code and that mixture issue.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
1 Year Member

Yep, just pull the vacuum line (or cap) off the upper intake manifold near the runners to make it sound like that.

I wouldn't suggest driving like that, it feels like it want's to die out at a stop so you'd have to feather the gas to keep it dying out. You also get a loss of power too.

IMO, I haven't had anything bad happen, just a thrown code from when I drove it like that before and it was a mixture too lean or rich or something, but went back to normal after you fix the vacuum leak and the code went away.

So, I wouldn't drive it like that because of that loss of power, the code and that mixture issue.
Certainly be fun to roll into my dads house sounding like that, (he had a 67 pony that sounded like that) but I don't think I'd drive it down 5 miles of gravel road with it like that :/

Old 10-18-2013, 10:48 AM

Certainly be fun to roll into my dads house sounding like that, (he had a 67 pony that sounded like that) but I don't think I'd drive it down 5 miles of gravel road with it like that :/
Haha it is quite a head turner now. Not to mention all the bubbling and popping too. Well, i'v driven it to school and back (1.5/2hrs) and it was fine as can be. I just don't like that feel of losing power, so I don't do it anymore unless i'm bored and want something to do lol

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): You'll wanna hear this :)