Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Wizaired CAI System Vs JMB Fenderwall

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Question Wizaired CAI System Vs JMB Fenderwall

Has anyone used this setup at all? Or anyone used the JMB fenderwall intake route? only asking cause i have limited funds currently and need to replace my home made short ram intake.... I live in New Mexico and now that it is getting hotter its suckin in the hot air when the fans kick on.... Not good.... Leaning towards the Wizaired setup only because it protects the PCM a bit....JMB fenderwall intake doesnt say anything about it.... Which means more money on that side.... So anyone have either of these installed? Any truth behind Wizaired CAI Systems claims? Any help advice would be appreciated. AND ALL OPINIONS! Thanks!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 PM

I got the Wizaired CAI on my 04 S/C SS, and for the most part i do feel a bit more of an increase in addition to the louder supercharger "whistle". The true test will be this summer, as i live in New York we are still getting some cold air and for right now the heat shield is not doing much. Our summers usually get into the 80-90's that is when ill know if it was worth it or not.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 PM

Well thats a plus..... Is it pretty simple to install? How bout integrity, looks a bit flimsy but i think the more i talk to people the Wizaired setup seems best. Is the hose that comes off the throttle body pretty strong or soft like dryer hose? Oh Another question i have for everyone anyone done a shift kit install? Those ones i seen on ZZP or Wbody dont cost much makes me nervous as to how well they perform or how long they last...

Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 PM

I have the wizair on my 2004 Intimidator, but at the same time I installed it I also installed headers and a 3.4" pulley so I can't say I saw a difference with the wizair versus stock airbox.
The supercharger has a much louder whine now, which is cool.

As far as the zzp and wbs shift kits......
All that they contain is a few spacers that you can source at a hardware store, which is why they are so cheap.

Save yourself the shipping and markup, and check out this thread.....
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...de=&s=#2284831

-Riggs.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i had jmb and don't like it. that's why i made my own. get about 3' of intake tubing from intense or zzp and 9" filter. i route the tube toward the driver headlight and the filter sit right by the foglight. if you have to choose between wiz air or jmb, i get the wiz aired, cause it seal out hot air better plus you can use bigger filter. i think the filter that come with jmb the kit is like 7". i suggest go with AEM dry filter instead of the reoil kind. i don't notice any change of gain really on mine.

Last edited by nemesis; 04-02-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How much wet weather do you get? And how careful are you when you wash the car?

The fenderwall will require you to be more careful with driving in wet conditions and washing your wheel wells.

The wizaired is going to be MUCH better than a short ram hot air intake you have. And they aren't hard to install at all.

If you decide to go fenderwall, a DIY like silverbullitt says is the best bet.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i wash my own car and i know where not to spray the water at. as far as driving on flood street/road i avoid it. if i have to drive throught flood street i unbolt the clamp at the TB. i only have to drive through flood street once last summer. plus where the filter is locate i can quickly unbolt the plastic pieces holding the headlight and lift up the filter higher so water won't touch it.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh silver, those questions weren't for you.

It was to help him decide what he wants to do lol. I know you already take real good care of your intake

Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Thank you i really appreciate the fast feed back. Think after reading and hearing your opinions the wizaired intake setup will be the route i take. As far as rain it hardly happens but when it does its flood slash washout status out here so.... fenderwell really wouldnt work after all. Dont think my intake will make that big of difference (Still natural asp) but just love the sound of it. Think im going to go the bagged low and slow route maybe super in long run..... but back to the point... Thanks For The Advice!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM

Oh yea and thanks biggriggs that link helped tons!

Quick Reply: Wizaired CAI System Vs JMB Fenderwall