Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

WizAired box vs. K&N

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Default RE: WizAired box vs. K&N

I don't remember what the material is offhand. I do know the K&N doesn't bounce off the heat, it soaks it in but I don't know to what extent that will affect performance. Just reading other performance forums the Wizaired is the best performing CAI and the K&N is the easiest to install.

Personally I think the K&N looks better too.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:48 AM

Def go with the wizair for performance. It may not be the best looking induction system on the market but it is the best performing. The wizair has 4" tubing which def flows betterfrom what lookslike asmaller k&n. It also has a shorter path to the Throttle body where as the KN has quiet a bit longer with more bends which i restrictive. Plus the heat shielding of the wizair only adds to its qaulity. The wizair also is sealed off from the engine bay and draws air from behind the headlight and the fender. These two places are the best way to get air to your engine. The K&N looks like it only gets it from one plus sucks in hot engine air.Honestly if your going to get a K&N don't waste your money. Instead you'd be better off researching a FWI (fenderwell intake)or even better a Straight FWI. There are plenty of write-ups on these. I made my open cone for only 45$ a fenderwell would only be about 5-10 more. I only went with an open cone just to get by until i can purchasea wizair.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

do they not turn the same horsepower???

wizair claims 12-14 hp
and k&n claims 13-15 hp gain...

Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would go with the K&N, but my car is a show car and it looks much better.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

do they not turn the same horsepower???

wizair claims 12-14 hp
and k&n claims 13-15 hp gain...
My only issue with those numbers is the Wizaired is dynoed specifically with the 3800 Supercharged engine. The K&N's aren't dynoed. They are only guestimates. The only real way to find out is to have someone dyno a stock and a K&N CAI and compare the results.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 PM

Here's a real shoddy picture of the Wizaird taken at night and mainly of the filter. You can get the idea though how sealed off it is from the engine bay though with the plexiglass cover.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:58 AM

I've had a WizAired installed for 3 years now. It doesn't look as new as the day I bought it, but it's completely functional, and does the job for me.

I'd recommend the WizAired for SC applications. In the NA world, choosing 1 CAI over another doesn't affect performance... go for looks in that case.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: lav74

I've had a WizAired installed for 3 years now. It doesn't look as new as the day I bought it, but it's completely functional, and does the job for me.

I'd recommend the WizAired for SC applications. In the NA world, choosing 1 CAI over another doesn't affect performance... go for looks in that case.
Rob you BITCH, How's it going!!!!

Looks like MCF just got a great addition as Rob is very knowledgeable of the L67 among other Monte engines.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Looks like MCF just got a great addition as Rob is very knowledgeable of the L67 among other Monte engines.
I'm doing good man!... but what did I do to become a bitch? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Give me your fuzzy dice ! [8D]

Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

I'm doing good man!... but what did I do to become a bitch? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Give me your fuzzy dice ! [8D]
L67's are cool 'n' all, but most of us here spend our time wondering why our doors rattle and our steering coolumns knock so much. (r,d, & h)

Quick Reply: WizAired box vs. K&N