Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

WHO THINKS THIS INTAKE COULD WORK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Default WHO THINKS THIS INTAKE COULD WORK?

Found this for a camaro, and I love the idea. I made a custom intake before with something similar but it was too quiet (prolly from not having a big enough engine for 2 massive k&n filters). I was wondering if anyone thinks this would fit in the 3400, or 3800. Also when it comes to the engineering aspect, is there much sound difference between a 5 inch cone filter and a 9 inch? What about the intakes with the inverted cone as a cap instead of just a rubber cap?
Thanks gents

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SLP-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: WHO THINKS THIS INTAKE COULD WORK?

if it fits the v6 then possibly....he says in the thing he thinks it fits the v6, so if it does it may work

Old 03-30-2007, 02:54 PM

im thinking the sucker is huge though, looks like a monster

Old 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that particular intake will not work on the Monties becuase the engine bays are different and the Monte's engine is mounted transversly due to it being FWD.

plus that is just a WAI (Warm Air Intake) which means you will be sucking in all the warm air under the hood. Either go with a manufactured CAI from K&N or Wizzair etc, or make you own FWI with 4" ABS. I'm sure there are examples on this site.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:10 PM

I ha ve a cai already, I just thought that was bad *** as hell

Old 03-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Yeah, the LT1's in the camaros mount the intake at the front of the engine. The V6's are the same (even though the '93+ Camaros shared the same 3.4 and 3.8 like the Montes, difference is the Montes are transverse-mount {like Donutboy said}). The concept would probably work for the Montes, but not that particular setup.

It would make the engine bay look pretty cool, though!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member

oh yah...forgot about that...there wont be any room @ the side of the engine for that...never mind..lol **smack**

Old 03-31-2007, 02:05 AM

Does anyone know where they sell those Goodyear tires with the white lettering? I have been looking and cant find them.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:13 AM

i think those tires were discontiuned! but if you start a new post you might find someone who knows...

as for the intake.... yes it would look cool, but not neccary... i have a 6" cone (non K&N) and 3" tubing and i have no resistance at WOT with it. there is no pressure drop from the scan data i have from my powertuner. one filter is more then enough to supply the engine with air. well atleast for my 3.4L DOHC engine... its smaller displacement but the heads flow better so its air requirements should be close to the NA 3800... for the 3800SC you probl need slightly bigger 4": and a 9" cone... but by no means two filters are neccary

but deff would look cool for a show car

Old 03-31-2007, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member

there's still some 16's available from the goodyear, i was looking to see if they had 17s and the guy said they never made them in 17's, but he still has a few 16's left...not many though...so they're still available...very limited...and your probably going to pay big bucks for them...but no more yellow, and thats what i would have wanted

Quick Reply: WHO THINKS THIS INTAKE COULD WORK?