Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What do you think about the SLP Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Default What do you think about the SLP Exhaust?

I have a bunch of friends that have the SLP Exhaust on their cars and I love the way it sounds but I was wondering what everyone else thought about SLP and their products.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Default RE: What do you think about the SLP Exhaust?

Here is a sound sample from youtube of the SLP exhaust on a 3400 monte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSnYsKouCc

Old 12-12-2008, 12:48 PM

What type of cars do your friends drive? Becasue to me SLP exhaust on the 3800 engine sounds horrible IMO, but SLP on a corvette that i have heard was the best sounding car i have ever heard.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:11 PM

firebirds, camaro's, and other v6's...they all sound great...gives them that nice v8 sound that i love...the only one ive heard that i dont like is my supervisors 4.6 mustang but then again it is a mustang...they all sound like crap to me lol

Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM

The SLP loudmouth for the GP's is too nasty and too much for my taste...

Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: punisherss

firebirds, camaro's, and other v6's...they all sound great...gives them that nice v8 sound that i love...the only one ive heard that i dont like is my supervisors 4.6 mustang but then again it is a mustang...they all sound like crap to me lol
Disagree withV8 Mustang's all sounding like crap. Mustang's with theexhaust usally are the best sounding cars out there. Ihave heard many Mustang's with the same exhaust as a Camaro or Trans Amand the Mustang's sound better.I'm not saying this because I'm Ford guy, I'm aChevy guy butMustang's usally sound pretty damn good. I'll have to get a sound clip of my 66 Mustang, HiPo motor, cam, headers, full exhaust, it sounds and runs like a beast.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM

with the mustangs it seems that they all sound the same no matter the exhaust (obviously other than stock) i can easilypick one out that i can hear.
often at work we hear cars accelerate from an intersection right down the street and we guess what they are. easy to pick up mustangs and the UPS truck

Old 12-28-2008, 02:51 PM

I had an 03 GrandPrix GT that i put the SLP cat back system on.
It sounded ok not to noisy and not to dull it wasnt untill i put the headers on that 3800 that it had a wow factor. I think when the tax check comes in im gonna do that to the monte

Old 01-08-2009, 05:28 PM

1) the 3400 with the slp sounds sick, but, with that sound make sure youd have something to back it up with (if anyone plans on putting it on their LS)
2) My brother has SLP loudmouth exhaust on his 05 GT stang... it sounds sick. granted, if you remember my pictures of his cars a while back, he has a bunch of things done to it. regardless, its a VERY nice sound. loud as hell...

Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: punisherss

the only one ive heard that i dont like is my supervisors 4.6 mustang but then again it is a mustang...they all sound like crap to me lol
just for that, i don't help you, lol

I guess it's where I have SOOOOoooo many friends with Mustangs (main reason I didn't get one), but I know a Mustang with an SLP when I hear it... I can also tell a Mac, Flowmaster, or a Magnaflow on a 4.6... and they all sound good.

I was going to say they sounds good on Mustangs but have never heard one on a Monte Carlo... but then you say you don't like how they sound on Mustangs so I guess my opinion is now null and void, and I am now a traitor to the Monte Carlo Forum :/

Quick Reply: What do you think about the SLP Exhaust?