Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

u-bend delete does it really help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Default u-bend delete does it really help?

OK I am sure that everyone out there is tired of answering this question. So What I was wondering if I take the u-bend out will it make my exhaust louder? I already have 40's Flowmaster and Resonator taken out. Will it be worth it to take out that u-bend? Will I feel a gain, and will I notice a difference in sound. I think it sonds good now, but it can always be better.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: u-bend delete does it really help?

Not sure how much sound you would gain, but you will gain an honest 5 HP to the wheels. It is actually the single best mod you can do for your car and should have been the first one.

It will give you more power actually than the resonator and Flowmasters gave you.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: kutch720

OK I am sure that everyone out there is tired of answering this question. So What I was wondering if I take the u-bend out will it make my exhaust louder? I already have 40's Flowmaster and Resonator taken out. Will it be worth it to take out that u-bend? Will I feel a gain, and will I notice a difference in sound. I think it sonds good now, but it can always be better.
when I did the ubend delete I felt it increased throttle response and made the exhaust slightly deeper, although the sound part could very well have been in my imagination.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:55 PM

Could an exhaust shop fab up the U bend delete or do I have to order it?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:02 AM

they should be able to do it for you... more than likely a 30-40 dollar cost to have it done...

Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 AM

I am about to order the ZZPerformance piece. It came down in price recently. I am told that it should be about $15 - $20 worth of labour to put it in.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

I am about to order the ZZPerformance piece. It came down in price recently. I am told that it should be about $15 - $20 worth of labour to put it in.
Good luck on paying only that much to have it installed. Out here in Sacramento, CA I paid $45 for install............but then again I didn't have a part in hand, they had to cut out the u-bend and fabricate the straight pipe w/the o2 sensor bung, put the hangers on and install it all. It took them a good 30 minutes to get it all done.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 PM

If you plan on doing upgrades, just skip the delete and upgrade to a 3" downpipe and get 3 mods done right away: the larger pipe downpipe, a high flow or no cat, and the ubend delete. These all help exhaust gasses escape and will improve the performance of your engine.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:39 PM

Buddy of mine has the 3" down and no cats and dynomax dual muffs and it is sweet sounding.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: bonang

Buddy of mine has the 3" down and no cats and dynomax dual muffs and it is sweet sounding.
3.4 or 3.8? I have dual dynomax superturbo's w/ubend delete and I love the sound, i'm contemplating the resonator delete but i'm wary that it'll introduce that annoying drone. But man, my mufflers sound great, I love it, but I could stand for it to be a bit deeper, more agressive sounding.

Quick Reply: u-bend delete does it really help?