Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

True Dual Cherry Bomb

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Default True Dual Cherry Bomb

Just got my new exhaust done yesterday. Was harder than i originally thought, had to custom fab alot of parts. True dual exhaust with Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers and Catco Cats. Ill post pictures and videos shortly.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 AM

Going to be putting these on once i get another pipe bent. Zoomies! --v

Yes I am aware that i said Catco Mufflers, I meant CatCo Cats.

Last edited by MonteFox; 05-09-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM

Hi MonteFox, I just watched your 3:33 minute vid & traffic It sounded mellow & not what I expected 4-Sure...
I was expecting a LOUD BLASTING Sound, but it was mild & I don't think you will get a ticket for being 2 loud.

You've made it different then the rest & I look forward to seeing your completion with the side exhaust...Are you happy with it ? That's what matter's most 4-Real...
It's has to be great to `be drivng a 4th Gen V-8...
Wish you safe/happy/fun/trouble free miles... EnJoy

Thanks for posting/sharing...

Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Yea I hadnt thought of how much traffic there was. It is a bit mellow but at least it sounds good at idle and cruising. Sounds alot better in person than video. And Im actually really happy with how it turned out. I can't wait until the side exhaust complete.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM

how much did this cost you? u probably would have been better off buying a sidepipe kit through jc whitney.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds good.. i think the zoomies you want to do kill the look of it... make it so the bend is going towards the tire and slash cut it even with the body

even for as much as i hate to say it move your muffs in a little bit that wasy you wont see them as much also

i guess i never got a good shot of my exhaust on my car but it was done on the cheap y pipe cherry bomb pipe(no inspection in mn so no worries about the cat)

when i get my car is one i'll basicially be running the same kind of set up except no cats i have a thing for axhaust that exits befor the rear tire

Last edited by Budsjlm; 05-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Sounds good! Nice Monte too love the hood.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Sounds great! Nice work

Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM

Where is a link to hear it??!! Also, Honeybrook, eh, I live about 30 minutes north of you, up Rt 176 in Seyfert on Rt 724!!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
how much did this cost you? u probably would have been better off buying a sidepipe kit through jc whitney.
It cost me $100 and the problem with a already made sidepipe kit is that my crossmember for the trans is in the way. I had to custom fab alot of pieces for it. I already had pipe lying around so i didnt need to worry about buying pipe.

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
sounds good.. i think the zoomies you want to do kill the look of it... make it so the bend is going towards the tire and slash cut it even with the body

even for as much as i hate to say it move your muffs in a little bit that wasy you wont see them as much also

i guess i never got a good shot of my exhaust on my car but it was done on the cheap y pipe cherry bomb pipe(no inspection in mn so no worries about the cat)

I didnt want to go cheap with this exhaust. I could have gone with cheap flowmaster super 44's, but opted for cherry bomb instead. I wanted side exit for awhile now and when i got the Cherry Bomb Extremes the placement had to be near the body line for the zoomies to work. Im planning on doing black zoomies with the red monte strip going onto the zoomies to match the lines on the car.

Last edited by MonteFox; 05-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: True Dual Cherry Bomb