Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Trouble with dhp powrtuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Default Trouble with dhp powrtuner

Hey guys, I purchased my dhp powrtuner last month and I am having trouble with the starter file they sent me. I activated my account a dhppowerinc.com and they sent me the bin file through email. However my computer cannot open it, It says a certain program or something is needed which i try to download however there is about 10 million different on the internet of what i need. Am i doing the right things or can someone please send me the directions for what i need to do. I want to get this bad boy hooked up and tune my monte.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Default RE: Trouble with dhp powrtuner

well, what does the error say? can you take a screenshot of it?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 PM

I mean, I have no experience with the powertuner, but plug it in to the computer... it should bring up something... I mean didn't it come with software for the computer? Bring up that software and tell it where the file is...

Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 PM

I'm pretty sure they can answer it on their forum better. www.powrtuner.com ???

Old 09-16-2007, 12:53 AM

ok two things after you get access to the DHP forum you need to down load the apropriate install file for the software. after it is all installed an you have the other settings updated correctly, you can then hook the tuner to the car for the first time so it will register your hardware's S/N.

after that the fun begins.... to open a file you CAN NOT double click it... you must open the PT software and open the file from its File>Open> ect.... that is why you get the file has no association error message. even if you try to set it up in the file/folder settings in windows it wont work... the program wasnt designed to alow this.

before you even hook the tuner to the computer i would read all the readme's and starter writeups... webracing guide and DHP's guide these two are the most important to read... the webracing tune guide you should read like 2-3 times before you do anything iwth the tuner... and after a few tunes read it again. it seems like a lot but you will be a much better tuner if you do this... cause your learning new stuff.