Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Default stock exhaust

i was wondering if i ran shorty headers off of my small block, would the headers be long enough to meet with the y-pipe to go to the piping for the rest of the exhaust.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Default RE: stock exhaust

why would you run shorty headders ont he body style of car anayway?
This will allow a bunch of heat to be under the hood unles syou want to spend lots of cash on the ceramic coating for the pipes and headders.

also yeah they would fit the block but you would ahve to mesure your Y pipe to make sure on that one.
I used to just cut the things out so i could not tell ya on that one for sure

Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 PM

the reason why i was thinking about doing shorty headers is because it already has the exhaust setup installed on the car, adn the y-pipe is in the trunk, plus i can get a good deal through my friend on coating, i know that manifolds will work no problem, but manifolds aren't really my thing.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 PM

if you put the long headders on it and run them down under the car you can get the weld on collectors and then it is a matter of bolting on the headders and haveing your frend weld the collector ont he straight pipe going under the car. then you can have him do the coatigng and all is done and works good and also will allow you to have a connection point that if you decied to pull the motor you wont have to fight wiht the Y pipe.

I havnet seen a set of shorties tha thave not ever leaked ina V-8 operation on a daily driver that were not desied for the car.
the long tubes for that car are the same for the camaro the only thing that is diffrent is the actual drop I used to put the camaro ones on as they were shorter then the ones for the montes and would tuck up a bit better btu also tended to heat the floors more in a car i was racing it was really not to big of a deal noone was riding in there with me any way. and it was for the most part a short trip. and even driving daily i got used to the heat just opend the windos . but in the winter i never ahd to run the heater lol