Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

The sticker

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Default The sticker

I know there is a law that when you get a filter like a K&N you need to put some type of sticker visible under the hood that makes this clear. I put the one I found in the box on but I want to make sure if it's the right one. You can see it in the pic just to the right of the filter. There isn't any other stickers in the box except for the decal ones so I think it's right but just want to be sure.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Default RE: The sticker

`Evan, you violated the law
You put the sticker in the wrong place
Your penalty is to remove your K&N Filter Kit & ship it to me : )
Evan, it looks `Super.....How many times have U kick'ed it down to hear
the awesome sounds ? or R U outa `Gas : )
EnJoy your Awesome `Monte Carlo SS
Peace Out
`Space

Old 06-17-2007, 09:32 AM

Oh trust me I've gunned it plenty of times. But it sounds good to hear it gurgle on a slow acceleration too. lol Thanks

Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

mine was already installed on the intake tube when i installed mine, the other stickers i just threw out

Old 06-17-2007, 05:06 PM

umm it is a law? LMAO!!!!!!!!! well i guess i have to dismantel my car and throw it all away i dont have any stickers like this under the hood on my car. I refuse to advertise for anyone like this. unless they pay me for doing so.

If they buy or work on my car and cant see that there is a after market filter on it then they need to really give up being in this feild.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:47 PM

I think the purpose of having that sticker is to let mechanics in California know that the car is Carb Exempt. That is the only reason, to my knowledge, that you need to put that serial numbered sticker. I did the same thing...

Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

oh ok...that carb thing, no i didn't put that on, i didn't see a point in it, i do almost all work on the monte myself anyway..

Old 06-17-2007, 08:36 PM

yeah, ditto. But It's still good to have for emissions testing, at least in my area ( western PA ) my mechanic asks alot of question on my old cars, so I'm sure he'll ask alot about the new one! lol

Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 PM

just a quick question does this air filter really do anything or help or does it just look better.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:25 AM

The instructions that came with my filter stated to use the sticker to prevent some one from throwing the filter away during a tune up, but mine is just a filter for the air box and it will never will go to a shop for an air filter change.... i guess K&N knew this since the sticker wasnt in the box.....

Quick Reply: The sticker