Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

speed daddy headers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Default speed daddy headers?

Anybody have these headers installed on s/c 3800? Is there any type of fitment issues, hitting the trans dipstick, o2 sensor, EGR or problems sealing up?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have heard sometimes the crossover can have sealing issues, and sometimes the headers hit the fans.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:31 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yeah there close to the fans, if ur lowered itll deff hit

Old 08-27-2012, 11:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I have zero issues with my speed daddy headers

A little closer to the fans but I don't mind it for now until I can get a slimmer fan set-up.

I didn't use the clamps that came with for the cross over or downpipe section. I went with EasySeal band clamps. I'm at about 8 months and maybe 8k miles on them with zero issues.

Here's an image of the crossover sealed up (back when I was N/A)

^^You can see in the pic that the band clamp creates a great seal around the fitting of the crossover. I used A LOT of high temp RTV in there for the connection to really seal up. Much better than the clamps which crush the pipe and basically make the headers a major pain to remove and re-install.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 08-27-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 AM

Speed daddy headers are great! Only issue i had was like everyone mentioned sitting rite on my fan. Not a biggie tho doesnt hurt the car in any way. Takes forever to put headers on and the rear header was a s.o.b to get thru! Lol good luck tho you'll love em! Oh i kept the clamps on the crossover but after that everything got welded

Old 08-28-2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I have zero issues with my speed daddy headers

A little closer to the fans but I don't mind it for now until I can get a slimmer fan set-up.

I didn't use the clamps that came with for the cross over or downpipe section. I went with EasySeal band clamps. I'm at about 8 months and maybe 8k miles on them with zero issues.

Here's an image of the crossover sealed up (back when I was N/A)

^^You can see in the pic that the band clamp creates a great seal around the fitting of the crossover. I used A LOT of high temp RTV in there for the connection to really seal up. Much better than the clamps which crush the pipe and basically make the headers a major pain to remove and re-install.
Thanks everyone, I cant wait to get them installed along with my ported LIM

Old 08-28-2012, 10:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04IntimidatorSS
Thanks everyone, I cant wait to get them installed along with my ported LIM
No problem. If you want to go with the easy seal clamps, you'll need to 2.5" and two 3" clamps. I'd also get an o2 extension from zzp. You can also order the EGR block off plates if you want to go ahead and remove that while you have good acess

I also would recommend not using the gaskets that come with the speed daddys. You're better off just cleaning up your OEM gaskets, at least that's what I did and so far no leaks

Just be sure to use a lot of RTV where the pipes come together and more on the clamps and you'll be good for a long time.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:33 PM

Yea make sure u get that o2 extension! Or better yet go with a wideband for future tuning. A bit pricey but well worth it. I used the gaskets that came with the headers and lots of rtv and no leaks at all either are u gonna leave them chrome?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 AM

This is a good thread!!! i was just lookiing at these on enay. I will be p[icking mine up shortly and finishing the rest of my exhaust. Its nice to work in the exhaust business so many options!!!!

Old 09-16-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
No problem. If you want to go with the easy seal clamps, you'll need to 2.5" and two 3" clamps. I'd also get an o2 extension from jzzp. You can also order the EGR block off plates if you want to go ahead and remove that while you have good acess

I also would recommend not using the gaskets that come with the speed daddys. You're better off just cleaning up your OEM gaskets, at least that's what I did and so far no leaks

Just be sure to use a lot of RTV where the pipes come together and more on the clamps and you'll be good for a long time.
I was just wondering id the 2.5 easy seal clamps worked on the crossover pipe? I bought 2.5 and they seem too big and I got a lot of exhaust smell. Also were your clamps the flat ones or the pre-flared ones?

Quick Reply: speed daddy headers?