Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Sounds Great

Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Default Sounds Great

The sound is awesome IMO.

I might do this instead of mufflers. I really like loud exhausts :P

2002 Monte Carlo SS ZZP Downpipe, No Muffler - YouTube

Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Lol was that you that posted on the video as brendan194?

too raspy when he's barely on it for me but that's just my opinion

Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS View Post
Lol was that you that posted on the video as brendan194?

too raspy when he's barely on it for me but that's just my opinion
Yeah, the guy who was saying it was dumb for him to do this just cause it isn't supercharged was an idiot.

And yeah, I feel like this might get annoying when I'm listening to tunes, lol. I like loud, but it should sound deep and have a good tone but still be loud.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127 View Post
Yeah, the guy who was saying it was dumb for him to do this just cause it isn't supercharged was an idiot.

And yeah, I feel like this might get annoying when I'm listening to tunes, lol. I like loud, but it should sound deep and have a good tone but still be loud.
Yeah it doesn't have to be supercharged to mod it lol. That guy wouldn't fit in well here.

You'll pry need mufflers to give it a descent tone. Headers and SLP with no cat or resonator will give you deep sound just going from experience lol.. there's probably a much cheaper route to get a deep sound and keep if from being overly loud

Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 PM

I know he was an idiot lol. I was an idiot for replying lol. Its nice to think that my car sounds awesome to someone. In person it is kinda raspy at the higher rpms but on the lows it has a nice sound. A 3' catback and a powerlog will complete my exhaust, so it can only get better from this.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by DRuben View Post
I know he was an idiot lol. I was an idiot for replying lol. Its nice to think that my car sounds awesome to someone. In person it is kinda raspy at the higher rpms but on the lows it has a nice sound. A 3' catback and a powerlog will complete my exhaust, so it can only get better from this.
Catback and powerlog will complete it for sure I thought about going no mufflers until I could get a full system but it was just too loud for me so I bought the slp right away, sounds really good on idle though!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS View Post
Catback and powerlog will complete it for sure I thought about going no mufflers until I could get a full system but it was just too loud for me so I bought the slp right away, sounds really good on idle though!
Yep idle is great! It gets a little loud while driving but I upgaded my sound a little bit to cancel out the loudness lol. Talk about noise pollution!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:53 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by DRuben View Post
Yep idle is great! It gets a little loud while driving but I upgaded my sound a little bit to cancel out the loudness lol. Talk about noise pollution!
Nice lol

Old 02-04-2012, 12:27 AM

LOL. I didn't know you were on MCF! That's cool man. I think I'll leave the cat on and get those dual flowmaster replicas for $50, and delete the resonator.

Last edited by brendan127; 02-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:20 AM

LOL. I didn't know you were on MCF! That's cool man. I think I'll leave the cat on and get those dual flowmaster replicas for $50, and delete the resonator.
Yep lol. I have 2 Flowmaster 40s ive been trying to get rid of for the longest. I say $75 for both plus shipping...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sounds Great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.