Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

side exit mocked up

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Default RE: side exit mocked up

I don't think the minor adjustment to the ride height is going to save you from bottoming-out on that pipe. I know you like it ... so, you ought to weld-up a scrape shield on the bottom of it.

I think you are at great risk for losing it and having the rear wheel run-over it. That could be an adventure you should take every measure to avoid!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Photobucket

the car will be 2.7 inches higher and i will go all out to protect this thing. everything will be welded solid and if i have to make a cutout in the side panel then w00t bring it on baby lol. i will do whatever it takes to ensure this is properly done. i really like these tips tho they werent my first choice but the thing is i cant find the tips i want unless i buy the entire exhaust setup. the ones i really want are the ones the mustangs have, the 2 smaller pipes side by side on each side. but no manufacturer will sell just the tips to me. tho i shall keep looking

Old 04-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Looks great Chris but I agree with others...too close to the ground. Get the car up a bit then trial run it again and lets see it again.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Sweet, I love side exhaust, if I ever end up with a truck I'm going to go out the side.

I think that if you could cut into the body a bit it'd look nicer plus it'd be sitting that much higher, can't wait to see if finalized.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 PM

with the increase in ride height it should be ok. that's going to look sweet dude

Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've heard it makes it very loud inside the car. Just something to think about.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

side exhaust will definitly make the interior sound louder

Old 05-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

what about putting the muffler in the middle of the car somewhere where there's clearance then just running a pipe out the side then you can get one of those nascar tips

Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Photobucket

cully d00d ty for the warning, but this car isnt my daily driver anymore so i wont have to deal with it too much plus i like it loud hehe. and josh d00d we talked about this earlier in the thread. the nascar tips are 500 bucks EACH! so i aint touching that. and ive already modded the floorboard in a certain area and got the muffler mocked in place there without any problem. so its all gravy so far. but every1 here has brought up a valid point. im looking foward to more heads up so i know wether i thought about it or i need to

Old 05-01-2008, 10:22 AM

[align=center]Hi `Chris,[/align][align=center]I like the pipes in the center rear, like on a Vette.[/align][align=center]I'm mov'in 2-day, but when I get hooked `up back online,[/align][align=center]I will try 2 do a photshop pic with different exhaust outlets.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's doesn't really matter what others reallythink, it matters what[/align][align=center]you think of your `ride 4-Sure.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]U look @ `it more then anyone else, & ultimately, it's [/align][align=center]your time/money/machine : )[/align][align=center]Good Luck in whatever U do to your Monte : )[/align][align=center]I still think center mounted outlets would be `sweet, but[/align][align=center]what the `heck does that SpaceDooD know : ) lol ~ lol[/align][align=center]Just be `happy 2 `be free 2 do what U want 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]G/P `SpaceVette[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Four pipes, com'in out fromthe back of your Monte'srear : ) WoW ~ LOL

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/63FEEE42128D4679BB2FFBC3DD546BEC.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Quick Reply: side exit mocked up