Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Saturday morning modding

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
That's funny...... Is he missing a gasket or is it misalgned?
it isn't aligned properly. Everything is there just something isnt lining up right

Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Nice buddy. No issues, install it whenever. Some people have had a slight gap between the box and front frame on the engine, including myself.

I was told by CAI to just make slight adjustments to the box but its been very difficult to make flush with the frame. This issue had No effect on the performance however.

Good luck
Maybe a make shift gasket... My Wizaired CAI came with a wider front gasket and when mounted is not 100% true to the front lip angle, however, the gasket more than compensates for it... The box also has wider gaskets on the sides which also seal the engine compartment at that angle... Hope this helps...

Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Nice buddy. No issues, install it whenever. Some people have had a slight gap between the box and front frame on the engine, including myself.

I was told by CAI to just make slight adjustments to the box but its been very difficult to make flush with the frame. This issue had No effect on the performance however.

Good luck
Seems to be a common issue. I can assure you through much frustration that this is the only way it will sit in there. Im planning on getting some foam to fit on the front of the box to close the gap. Since its in the front away from the motor I doubt it would have any real affect but I would like it to look like its flush.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by DaNfRoMSt.PaUl
Seems to be a common issue. I can assure you through much frustration that this is the only way it will sit in there. Im planning on getting some foam to fit on the front of the box to close the gap. Since its in the front away from the motor I doubt it would have any real affect but I would like it to look like its flush.
that's a good idea. Mine sits pretty flush but after some hard driving it shifts a little on the left side...less than a quarter inch gap from having a throttle body spacer jammed in there that little thing makes it such a pain to line everything up and throws the whole air intake off a hair.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Be sure to check the sides of the box also, don't want any hot air bleeding into there...

Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 PM

Could one of you guys post a picture of what your CAI looks like?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 PM

Could one of you guys post a picture of what your CAI looks like?
Here's mine... It's a different brand, but the concept is exactly the same...

Attached Thumbnails Saturday morning modding-img-20130928-00006.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 PM

I see that gasket along the front. That looks perfect. I should be able to come up with something like that. Is it rubber? The cover fits tight and I cant see how any air would get in that way.

Last edited by DaNfRoMSt.PaUl; 01-17-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:10 PM

I see that gasket along the front. That looks perfect. I should be able to come up with something like that. Is it rubber?
It's a harder rubber, if I was to do it, I would use a softer rubber and replace as needed...

Old 01-17-2014, 11:15 PM

I think im going to try to find a somewhat dense foam to cut in to fit. Shouldn't be to tough. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Saturday morning modding