Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

?'s about FWI

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Default ?'s about FWI

I am thinking about getting the FWI from Intense racingI sent an email to the sales department to see if it would fit.
Is there any modification to get these things to fit, or do you pretty much just hook it up and toss it in the fender well?

Any portholes to drill?

Is it ok to have such a long intake tube?

Also has anyone removed the stock intake from a 3.5 it has a large bundle of wire running through near the bottom. I haven't removed mine to see if they just run through or what, but i was kinda wondering if there is anything else in the stock intake box beside the plastic and the filter? Its my guess that the wires just run through the box out of convenience or something.

O yea how much louder do you think it will be? I already have dual flowmaster 40's with no resonatorand i'd say they pretty loud.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Default RE: ?'s about FWI

Okay, save your money and go for the Wizaired. This is going to sound very biased, but upon my visit to ZZPerformance, I talked to Tim, and he stated that the gentleman that designed the Wizaired did countless tests about where the most fresh airflow was coming from, and with that, the WizAired was born. The area that the FWI is designed to take air from actually has a VACUUM, versus a fresh airflow, like the Wizaired... I guess the designer of the Wizaired had pressure sensors, and designed it where the most pressure of fresh air was...

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...=247&catid=113

Hope that helps...

And as far as sound... I don't think it will make that much of a difference if you already have the aftermarket mufflers...

Old 12-01-2007, 04:35 PM

I recommend the Wizaired as well for performance. I love mine!!!

2nd option would be the K&N for looks.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:42 PM

therein lies the next problem, to the best of my knowledge the K&N and the wizaired dont fit on my car .
Please correct me if i'm wrong.
I have the LZ4 3.5 for a 2006 MC

Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Then send the company an email, and ask them to be a test subject for the newer versions.... :-)

Old 12-02-2007, 12:38 AM

Now thats a pretty good idea.
Thanks

Old 12-02-2007, 11:30 AM

https://montecarloforum.com/m_58515/tm.htm, check this out

Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Then send the company an email, and ask them to be a test subject for the newer versions.... :-)
I've made several attempts to contact the Riverside research facility which is close to me. They just mail me stickers and say thank you for buying our product.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM

The company that makes the Wizaired is called Easy Performance... And they have a form on their website asking for volunteers to try out new cars, etc...

Old 12-02-2007, 08:51 PM

Quick Reply: ?'s about FWI