Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Pipes

o word, that's hot. You can really have anything you want in North Carolina... I don't know what i'm going to do I'm going to talk to the local muffler shop here in my city and see what and how loud they can make it... and the price range because i'm not lookin to pay tooooo mcuh.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

you can... you won't have the "stereo" style sound of 2 differnet speakers... only downfall to it really
Please explain stereo sound? I could see if it was true duals, but its just one pipe going back. Dual exhaust just splits that one pipe into two exits, so it shouldn't make hardly any sound difference except the fact that each muffler is flowing less sound, and exhaust is coming out of 2 points. I doubt you could tell the difference inside- and I bet it would even be hard to tell driving by with your eyes closed.

put one of those honda mulfflers on it or put on stright pipe
[:'(]

what if i just take the muffler off will that give a better sound
louder sound != better sound

Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

It does have a sort of simulated stereoscopic effect.

Since one pulse has to travel longer than the other, the 2 outlets appear to pop at different times.

One flowmaster muffler will still sound great though.

I have a single flowmaster on my V-8 van and it sounds awesome.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM

could you put one of those fta exhausts on my 3100? like the smaller toyota and dodge neos? i know the sound will be stupied but I like it, I just need to know can I put one on it.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:44 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it'll take some work... you'd probably ahve to get an exhuast shop to fab up some pipes.. but the mufflers should wrk... profiding the inlet and outlet aren't too smalll.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 AM

i've decidied to go with the cherry bomb exhaust, I know how much they cost about 20 bucks.. I was wonderin does anyone know how much the installing would be on my 1998 monte carlo logical guess.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 PM

the only bad thing about putting any exhaust on a 3100 is the sound you will get. it will always sound like an old lumina with a rotted off muffler...they all sound the same, its just how loud do you want it...personally i hate flowmaster, i think i could have made a better muffler in my shed it was all dented up and rusty when i got mine for my truck and the pipe wouldnt even fit in it. the worst part is its not even loud at all. i'd buy a flowmaster knock off at an exhaust shop if i had to get one again at least then they dont take all of that money from you

Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 PM

but a cherry bomb is only 20 bucks and they wont charge that much to put it on. it has a deep sound but not as good as a flowmaster

Old 02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The issue of how loud to go, and what sounds good on a car is all personal taste.
If you like the cherry bomb sound, and are willing to live with it, go for it.

I can't speak to any prices, but your favorite exhaust shop should beable to do what ever you like. The only resistance you may get from them is something illegal. Like removing the cat. converter for example.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:08 PM

but i know if i put the cherry bomb on it would it be louder with out takin the cat off? but just puttin the cherry on it.

Quick Reply: Pipes